Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I cannot get the Nighthawk app to work with my new c7000v2 router.

RMC60
Aspirant

I cannot get the Nighthawk app to work with my new c7000v2 router.

Aloha,
I have a number of questions here. I apologize in advance, as I am definitely not a tech expert.

(1.) I just purchased and installed a new Nighthawk c7000v modem-router combo. I need to access the app because there isn't a button on the Nighthawk that allows it to be discovered on other Bluetooth devices like their was on my other router-modem device. This is a problem for my wireless printer. I'd also like to use the app to manage my router in general. (2.) Is the Nighthawk app compatible with the c7000v2? (3.) If not, is there another app that is available for that device?

I am also having an issue that some using the c7000v2 seem to have been experiencing. It says that my firmware is out of date, but I will call my ISP, and see if they can fix that. (4.) Could that be the problem that prevents being able to connect with the app?
Thank you very much,
RMC60
Message 1 of 4
microchip8
Master

Re: I cannot get the Nighthawk app to work with my new c7000v2 router.

The app is mostly for routers-only devices
Message 2 of 4
RMC60
Aspirant

Thank you very much for your speedy response. I really appreciate not having to waste more time trying to figure it out. Have a great day!

Message 3 of 4

@RMC60 wrote:
Is the Nighthawk app compatible with the c7000v2?

Yes. Not quite sure that the SOLVED flag is accurate.

Which products support the NETGEAR Nighthawk app? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

In other words, the Nighthawk app supports routers, modem/routers, wifi extenders, mobile wifi and a raft of things.

The C7000v2 is also in there.

It says that my firmware is out of date, but I will call my ISP, and see if they can fix that. (4.)

That's an old bug on the iOS app itself that Netgear is too idle/incompetent to fix. Neither you nor Netgear has any control over the firmware on the C7000v2 .

Nighthawk app same "firmware not updated" when it ... - NETGEAR Communities

Note the Netgear response:

Re: Nighthawk app same "firmware not updated" when... - NETGEAR Communities

Could that be the problem that prevents being able to connect with the app?

Unlikely, tell us a bit more about that problem.

What are you doing and where does it go wrong?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7