Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Fletchdude
Aspirant

For some reason it shows my location from where I originally bought it. I'm at a loss as to why my router affected my location and why it shows it where I used to live. Is there a setting I need to change?
Message 1 of 11
William10a
Master

Re: Location

@Fletchdude wrote:
For some reason it shows my location from where I originally bought it. I'm at a loss as to why my router affected my location and why it shows it where I used to live. Is there a setting I need to change?

Are you talking the country or what if it is the country that would have control over the channels your wifi could use?

The model number of the router and more details about the issue would help. 

Message 2 of 11
Fletchdude
Aspirant

It's affecting my location of my phone while on WiFi. Shows I'm in my old house. When off WiFi it's good though.
Message 3 of 11
William10a
Master

You may have to tell Genie if that whats you are using to control the router about your new location or the router about the change of location.

Message 4 of 11
Fletchdude
Aspirant

I looked for that in the options but can't find it.
Message 5 of 11
William10a
Master

Have reset the to clear the old setup and reset it up at your new location?

Message 6 of 11
Fletchdude
Aspirant

I did a factory reset on the router. Is there another way to do it? I help the reset button in for about 10 seconds and all that.
Message 7 of 11
TheEther
Guru

See my post here.

Message 8 of 11
Fletchdude
Aspirant

Did all that but for some reason it isn't helping.... thanks guys
Message 9 of 11
William10a
Master

can you give more details about your network and please include the routers model number and when this problem started as it is now the limited information you have given leaves a wide range possible answers some details may help in finding the answer your are looking for?

Are using any type of genie software and if so which version?

Any other issues other then the phone interfering with your internet?

Please help us too help you.

Message 10 of 11
TheEther
Guru

Give it time.  Sometimes, it takes a while for Google (for Android) and Apple (for iOS) to update their geolocation databases.  Just keep standing some place where the phone is connected to your Wi-Fi and has a GPS signal.  The phone will eventually upload these two data points.

You can read about how it works here.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7