Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My Media stops responding and AirPrint issue

BenY
Aspirant

My Media stops responding and AirPrint issue

I have a Mac Mini 2010 running Yosemite.

I have enabled file sharing. When I try to run My Media from the buggy app (the option is not present in the browser version), the app hangs.

It can find my Mac. When I try to simply change the file location of the music folder, or download folder, it hangs.

I also bought this router so I could print directly from my iPhone to my Lexmark E360d laser printer. It prints to my Canon MX490 inkjet through AirPrint natively.

It shows as printing, then times out, error connecting to printer. The printer is connected via USB, and prints properly from the Mac itself.

Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: My Media stops responding and AirPrint issue

Hi @BenY,

1. What is the model number and firmware version of your router?

2. What version of NETGEAR Genie program/app do you have installed on your devices?

3. How is the printer connected to the router (wired, wireless, USB)?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
BenY
Aspirant

Router model WNDR3400v3 Firmware V1.0.1.2

Netgear Genie 2.4.10

Printer connected via USB to the Mac

I've been working with the techs. One asked me to reboot the router.

Now only one channel is working, the 5G one. The other refuses the password, even though it matches that of the one Netgear Genie shows - and I didn't change it.

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @BenY,

1. Please try connecting the printer to the network through the router. If it is a network printer, you may connect it via wireless (Wi-FI) or Ethernet. If it is a USB only printer, you may connect it to the USB port on the router. You may refer to the link below for the steps on how to use the ReadySHARE printer feature.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19593

2. You may refer to the link below on how to use the AirPrint feature with the NETGEAR Genie program.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20913

3. Have you tried resetting the router?

4. Have you tried changing the wireless channel?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7