Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Genie App for Android - Login Remote access - No Internet connection detected.

spinninfree
Guide

Netgear Genie App for Android - Login Remote access - No Internet connection detected.

Using a Samsung S5 - model #SM-G900T, with android version 6.0.1, security patch level is May 1, 2016 - and have had the Netgear Genie app - and have been using the Remote access feature on a daily basis with no problems - until yesterday.  

Now, when trying to Login with Remote access - the error message No Internet connection detected, with the options *Close* or *Settings*.  I do have an active data internet connection via T-Mobile and can access other services with no problem.

The Settings essentially takes me to my WiFi settings on the S5 - which is already set to Smart network switch between Wi-Fi and mobile networks, and also between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands, to maintain a stable Internet connection.

Have even gone into the developer options settings and activated the Agressive Wi-Fi/cell handover option which states "When enabled, Wi-Fi will be more agressive in handing over the data connection to Cellular, when Wi-Fi signal is low" to see if that works and unfortunately this did not change the inability to Remote access my R7000 Nighthawk. 

Any ideas or suggestions to remedy this?

Thanks - MC

Model: Genie|Desktop| Mobile| and Product Setup Genie
Message 1 of 85

Accepted Solutions
spinninfree
Guide

Re: Netgear Genie App for Android - Login Remote access - No Internet connection detected.

I had a successful remote access this evening (not w/Beta) - with no error msg  of No Internet connection detected.  It appears that there has been a break through and that the app is behaving as it did prior to this error.   

Hope the rest of you have the same success!  

WIN_20160823_22_18_58_Pro.jpg

Spinninfree

View solution in original post

Message 78 of 85

All Replies
John6969
Tutor

I have been having the exact same problem for the last few days. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing cache, clearing data, etc. Still not working. Help! It is the only way I have to keep my kids from playing games 24/7....

Message 2 of 85
mrekimf
Apprentice

same here
Message 3 of 85
Chita21
Initiate

Message 4 of 85
Chita21
Initiate

Having same problem for same reasons as above users. Please fix.. tried everything. Really need this feature back.
Message 5 of 85
appleshoe
Initiate

Same Here....

Message 6 of 85
appleshoe
Initiate

I bought the router in April and Netgear support wants $89 to help me resolve this new issue.

Message 7 of 85
Sjoe
Initiate

I am having the same problem with my Samsung Note, it was working fine till few days back (my free teck support expired few days prior to this issue) I did everything I could like update the app, reinstall the aap, register the app nothing seems working, please help.
Please note that the app work fine while I am connected to my home wifi.

Message 8 of 85

Same. Galaxy S5 - 2 Netgear routers. No Remote Access. Local access works ok
Message 9 of 85
spinninfree
Guide

Not sure if this has any bearing on things, as I am not a telephony engineer - but it seemed strange that the download speed from Netgear was this low - when the download and upload rate of my IP server is much higher ?  

As to the current firmware - have thought about rolling back the firmware to the previous version - although this current inability to remote access via the App did not coincide with the update of the R7000 firmware-  it may be worth a try to see if that has any bearing on this loss of remote access??   

Any input from Netgear technicians would be greatly appreciated.

Desktop Genie Download

Xfinity Speedtest

Message 10 of 85
GenieOq
Initiate

having the same issue...remote option was working from anywhere from home until a few days back....now cannot get it to work even though i have downloaded the latest app and reset password multiple times...also need to get kids off pc

Message 11 of 85
dacloutier
Aspirant

Same here!

Model: Genie|Desktop| Mobile| and Product Setup Genie
Message 12 of 85

Same. Seems netgear is not addressing this?!
Message 13 of 85
Vcap
Guide

Same issues. With the money we spent on the router to have this feature they need to address the issue.
Message 14 of 85

I have sent an email to netgeargenie@netgear.com pointing to this thread. I wonder if there are any other ways to get attention to this issue?
Message 15 of 85
Vcap
Guide

I'm still in my 90 day support help and just spent the last hour trying to get this resolved.  Got the same old run around to reboot this or down load this version or delete this and reload that.  Nothing is working.  I do still have 9 days on my 90 day support.  I'll keep going on this every day.  Wouldn't hurt to throw a little prayer this way.  This is so ANNOYING!

Message 16 of 85

Have they at least confirmed that they know it's an issue and are working on it? I can't even logon remotely with my dynamic DNS hostname. I have to login to my dyndns account, find out the IP and then type that in with the port number. It seems the router is blocking my hostname. Worked fine with my old Asus router which cost 1/3rd the price. VPN server also worked fine with the old router. Was able to connect even on Android phones. However all these features were extra for me so I'm not that upset as the router speeds are great (wireless especially), which is the main reason I got it. But at the price, I thought everything would work out of the box. Whereas this feels like a beta product.
Message 17 of 85

Ok.. Now even the IP entering doesn't work. Worked once and I thought that was the solution. I cannot access the router remotely.
Message 18 of 85
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all,

Let me check on this and I will provide an update once available.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 19 of 85
Ethanism
Initiate

I also am having this problem. I used to be able to log in remotely via genie, but now I can't, even while at home. I can log in from behind NAT, but not externally. The DDNS is working because I can point a web browser at my router and log in, but can't manage parental settings, etc. It seems to have started a couple weeks ago and hasn't worked since. I've tried rebooting the router, resetting my "remote netgear" login, and uninstalling and reinstalling the genie app on my phone, but nothing will let me log in remotely via genie. All I get is an immediate error saying "No Internet connection detected" regardless of what connectivity I have (4G/wifi/etc).

What is the problem and how do we fix it?!?!
Message 20 of 85
dwoicke
Initiate

I just got off the phone with support.  They HAVE ackhowledged that there is a defect in the last mobile app push (6/28).  They will address now but have no timeframe for update.

Message 21 of 85
Vcap
Guide

So does anybody know by chance if we're able to download a previous version.  Luckily I have my old phone that did work with version 2.4.28.  This new version of 2.4.34 doesn't seem to work.  Any thoughts on this?

Message 22 of 85
Yner
Guide

Mine doesn't work either. Samsung S5
Message 23 of 85
spinninfree
Guide

Glad to hear that Support has acknowledged the issue - will anxiously await their solution - wish we could have heard from someone in their support department here in the forum.... but I digress.

Message 24 of 85

I see Dexter (Netgear) replied on Sunday (page 2) - Thank-you

Hopefully we hear back soon or find a way to roll back to a previous version of the app.

Although, Im pretty sure that it stopped working for me, then I upgraded to the new version but that did not help.

Message 25 of 85
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7