Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Genie App for Android - Login Remote access - No Internet connection detected.

spinninfree
Guide

Re: Netgear Genie App for Android - Login Remote access - No Internet connection detected.

I'm of the opinion that there is more to this than just a glitch with the app.  I seem to remember reading somewhere that there had been an unforseen security vulnerability found with the R7000 Nighthawk - and the next thing I knew, the app stopped working for the remote login.  My guess is that they are scrambling to permanently isolate and plug this vulnerability, while each of us "user's" will just have to deal with it and wait until there is a non-Beta,  verifiable fix to the underlying security issue with the Nighthawk.  

Message 76 of 85
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all,

I will do a follow up on this. I'll post an update once available.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 77 of 85
spinninfree
Guide

I had a successful remote access this evening (not w/Beta) - with no error msg  of No Internet connection detected.  It appears that there has been a break through and that the app is behaving as it did prior to this error.   

Hope the rest of you have the same success!  

WIN_20160823_22_18_58_Pro.jpg

Spinninfree

Message 78 of 85
Godster
Initiate

Works for me too. Finally!
Message 79 of 85
Godster
Initiate

Message 80 of 85

they must have finally fixed the issue and it must have been on their sde because the app was last updated June 28th.

Model: Genie|Desktop| Mobile| and Product Setup Genie
Message 81 of 85
Chromejob
Tutor

Thank you, Dexter. We should throw you an ice cream social for looking into this. 

I noticed on the Android Play Store details for 2.4.34 (June 28, 2016) that "NETGEAR Genie currently does not support IPv6, login would fail if IPv6 is enabled."

So just for giggles, I remotedly logged into my router and set that to auto-detect. The Android Genie app now logs in via "Remote Access," but shows my R6700 router (listed twice, for some reason) as offline. But this is progress! 

Message 82 of 85
Vcap
Guide

Praise the Netgear Tech Team.  It seems they finally found the answer.  After reading a few comments on the subject, I tried a remote log in.  It finally worked.  I even drove to a remote location far from wifi access, it still worked.  Hope this continues and isn't just a fluke.

Message 83 of 85
Yner
Guide

Works for me now and I didn't even do anything. Just tried after everyone else said it worked.
Message 84 of 85
Chromejob
Tutor

Likewise. After others succeeded, I did and now connecting with my phone again.

Also using ReadyNAS/ReadyCLOUD after my Seagate Central (lemon) died, and hoping to leverage all that Netgear offers with a 2TB HDD plugged into the USB3 port. 

Message 85 of 85
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7