Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Genie Creating Multiple IPPServer Folders

S-Warren
Guide

Netgear Genie Creating Multiple IPPServer Folders

Everytime you run Netgear Genie it will create a new "ippserver" folder inside \AppData\Local\Temp. This is true for Win8, but I don't know if it happens in other Windows versions. It's a minor issue but I have to ask what's the purpose of ippserver and why those folders are always empty and continue multiplying just like the Media Servers do in Devices and Printers.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear Genie Creating Multiple IPPServer Folders

Hi @S-Warren,

This is a normal behavior of the program to create a folder for each session (every time you open and exit the program) since this is where it will store temporary information for the changes that you make. You can always delete these temporary folders.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
doraemon
Prodigy

which device model you're using? 

IPPserver has something to do with printing.

do you have a printer connected to your router? 

Message 2 of 5
S-Warren
Guide

@doraemon wrote:

which device model you're using? 

IPPserver has something to do with printing.

do you have a printer connected to your router? 

@doraemon,

I have the Netgear 6220v2 AC1200.

No I don't have a printer connected to the router but I have the router configured to access my Wifi printer.

doraemon you say IPPserver has something to do with printing and that makes sense but it still doesn't explain all those empty ippserver folders that pile up each time I open and close Genie. It does the same thing on Windows 7 too because I checked.

Like I said though it's a minor annoyance I was just wondering why Genie keeps creating those empty folders in the Temp directory.

Thanks for your response doraemon.

Message 3 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @S-Warren,

This is a normal behavior of the program to create a folder for each session (every time you open and exit the program) since this is where it will store temporary information for the changes that you make. You can always delete these temporary folders.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 5
S-Warren
Guide

@DexterJB,

Oh ok that makes sense thanks for your reply and explanation Dexter. I have a program that empties out the Temp folder so I'm good to go.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7