Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Genie closes Windows 10 computer

sauermk97
Follower

Netgear Genie closes Windows 10 computer

I went to Netgear's website to download the latest version of Netgear Genie, and it closes immediately after opening.  I read through forum article after forum article seeing others complain of the same thing.  I found some potential solutions in those articles.  Most pointed to trying an earlier version and left a link to click.  I clicked on links and I get a file not found message.  So none of the links worked for me.   Still can not get Netgear genie on my New Windows 10 laptop.  Please help, I'm getting frustrated with this issue already.

Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear Genie closes Windows 10 computer

Hi @sauermk97,

You may try the following steps.

1. Install the latest version of NETGEAR Genie. You may use the download link below.

http://netgear.com/home/discover/apps/genie.aspx

2. Once you have successfully installed the program, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie\bin
3. Delete the drivers folder.
4. Download the drivers for the previous version of NETGEAR Genie using the download link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz-pjmQaYmk6Z0xTX3d3SVFLZ0k/view?usp=sharing

5. Unzip the file to your preferred location (Desktop would be easy to locate). It will contain the drivers folder.
6. Copy the drivers folder that you have just unzipped and navigate back to C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie\bin
7. Paste the drivers folder.
8. Relaunch the NETGEAR Genie program

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Philbarb
Aspirant

Thanks so much for solving my problem of netgear Genie closing on my new Windows 10 PC. followed the procedure and it now works.

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Philbarb,

Good to know it worked for you. You can mark the post as the solution so that others can check it as well if they are experiencing the same issue.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7