Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear genie installer does not run on Mac OS X Sierra even when using Control key and "Open"

dang007
Aspirant

Netgear genie installer does not run on Mac OS X Sierra even when using Control key and "Open"

Tried to install Netgear genie.  With OS X Sierra you have to hold control key and use "Open" from menu, as noted in a prior discussion thread.  However, doing this does not cause the installer to run on my Mac.  Suggestions?

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
dang007
Aspirant

Re: Netgear genie installer does not run on Mac OS X Sierra even when using Control key and "Op

Hi Dexter,

I deleted the copy of the installer from my desktop, downloaded it again.  This time it worked using the "Ctrl, Open" sequence and installed genie with no problems.

Thanks for following up,

Dan.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear genie installer does not run on Mac OS X Sierra even when using Control key and "Open"

Message 2 of 7
dang007
Aspirant

Re: Netgear genie installer does not run on Mac OS X Sierra even when using Control key and "Op

Hi Dexter,

Thanks for providin the links.  I had already tried the instructions as they note, either the direct (quick) methord by using the Control key, or via the Settings menu, which allows me to launch the Installer.  Either way, the Installer program does not appear to do anything once launched and no error messages appear.

dang007

Message 3 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @dang007,

1. Do you have other macOS or OS X computers where NETGEAR Genie was successfully installed?

2. Please try using the installer linked below.

http://files.netgear-support.com/go/?a=d&i=yrXU8b1FHB

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @dang007,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 5 of 7
dang007
Aspirant

Hi Dexter,

I deleted the copy of the installer from my desktop, downloaded it again.  This time it worked using the "Ctrl, Open" sequence and installed genie with no problems.

Thanks for following up,

Dan.

Message 6 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @dang007,

Thank you for the update and confirmation.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7