Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk mobile app

Will_Gear
Follower

Nighthawk mobile app

I had a Nighthawk RAX70 installed in June 2022. It is running fine. Looking through the original literature today I see there is an app available for the iPhone. Can the app be installed on my mobile phone for an existing installation? Everything I see suggests the installation of the router and the app are done at the same time. I don't want to install the app and mess up my router installation. How do I install the app and not affect the router? Is having the app of any benefit? There are comments pro and con. (The original install was not done by me. If the installer used the Nighthawk app, no information was passed on to me). Thank you.

Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk mobile app

@Will_Gear wrote:

How do I install the app and not affect the router?

Same way that you would install any app on your phone.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have links to any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Is having the app of any benefit?

Depends on what you expect it to do and what you want to control. The app is a pretty basic option that comes nowhere near the power of the browser graphical user interface (GUI).

There are comments pro and con. (The original install was not done by me. If the installer used the Nighthawk app, no information was passed on to me).

Not sure what that means. Netgear urges people to set up things using the app. Experienced users prefer the GUI.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7