Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Phone never finds Nighthawk Mesh router wifi network during setup

dalewebb
Aspirant

Phone never finds Nighthawk Mesh router wifi network during setup

Somehow my wifi got all fouled up and I have tried a "NEW SETUP" from my Nighthawk app on my phone.  Turned my VPN off.  Scanned label on bottom of router and proceeded with the setup.  Disconnected the router from the modem and restarted the modem.  When the lights came on, reconnected the modem to the router with the cable.  App said the satellite was starting up.  When done, the router started it's setup.  I got prompted with "CANNOT CONNECT TO ROUTER."  Went to my phones settings and enabled Nighthawk app Special App Access > WiFi control.  Went to WiFi settings on phone and looked for NETGEAR05 network, but phone never detected the network.  I'm baffled and frustrated.  Scouted the net to no avail.

Can anyone suggest anything else to try?  

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

did you factory reset the router/satellite? Pushed and hold reset for up to 15 seconds? 

Have you tried hardwiring a pc/laptop into the router for setup instead of the app? 

Message 2 of 4
dalewebb
Aspirant

I finally gave up on the Nighthawk app and ran the setup from my computer.  I was never able to get it to connect.  I did reset the router and satellite, but I don't think I held in the button for 15 seconds.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7