Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: This NETGEAR device is already registered to another account

keracz
Tutor

This NETGEAR device is already registered to another account

hi

I got this message when I tried enable remote management on the netgear nightawk app on my iphone 7. I bought router brand new from the store and I don't recall registering this router previously. Any Suggestions ? s/n 4E81587WA15FD thx in advance

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Yes if anyone is having registration issues please PM me so I am able to take care of the issue.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10

All Replies
microchip8
Master

@DarrenM 

something for you to look in. thanks!

Message 2 of 10

You are the latest in a long line of people to have hit this brick wall. This is almost a daily complaint.

For some reason, lorry loads of Netgear devices reach buyers as "already registered". No one has ever got to the bottom of this – Netgear carefully avoids answering questions.

You have a couple of options, try to find a local contact number (it may be well hidden) or send a private message to one of the Netgear moderators here.

If you are really lucky, someone like @DarrenM or @ChristineT will take pity on you and step in.

Message 3 of 10
keracz
Tutor

thank you guys. i will try to reach them

Message 4 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Yes if anyone is having registration issues please PM me so I am able to take care of the issue.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 10
keracz
Tutor

thank you for helping me to reach out Netgear support. they contact me and the first thing they want is proof of purchase !!!! my router is 2.5 year old so is out of warranty and I don't have a receipt. honestly what proof of purchase has to do with a error app???? I have one account with netgear and it shows one router registered with this account. the problem exists on netgear's server. I still can't use remote management feature on the app so is became useless.instead of fixing the problem they blowing off customers chasing proof of purchase !!!!

Message 6 of 10
McClure77
Aspirant

I, too, am getting this message.
Message 7 of 10

@McClure77 wrote:
I, too, am getting this message.

..... and a lot has changed since the message from 21019 that you tagged on to.

As well as reading the previous messages here, try this:

NETGEAR Product Registration FAQ | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 8 of 10
McClure77
Aspirant

I'm not clear on what you have offered is of any help.  Maybe things have changed, but clearly this message hasn't.  I have had this router for years, and now it won't let me turn on the remote management.    I probably should just replace it, anyway.  

Message 9 of 10

You could not read the message and see the email addresses it gave you as contacts?

You tried them and got nowhere?

This is not something that can be solved in a user-to-user community like this. It requires "divine intervention" from someone at Netgear. I provided a link to a page that tells you how to go about that.

The way to guarantee not to get that help is to hitch a ride on an old message here. Netgear's small band of moderators probably spend their time concentrating on NEW issues.

If you do try to get help, it is a good idea to explain just what you are trying to do that requires registration. Few things do.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7