Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: new R7800 wired Genie connection doesn't work

LuckyLief
Aspirant

new R7800 wired Genie connection doesn't work

I got this new yesterday . It has firmware 1.0.2.04 and the genie version is 2.4.36. I can connect wirelessly and use the managment software but it does not connect through ethernet. I can get the Internet with wired but when I go to do any management function it will not logon and tells me I am not connected with WI-FI. <p> I am connected to Time Warner (now Spectrum) via an ARRIS router. I can logon the ARRIS and there is no IPv6 enabled. I want to update to the newest firmware  for the 7800 but am concerned to do it with WI-FI when they recommend doing a wired connection for that. <p> Reading about the wired problems really makes me nervous because I have a boatload of wireless devices but also several that depend on wired connections including TV's, blu-ray, Fire devices and computers.<p> Helpful suggesytions gratefully received.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @LuckyLief,

1. You can update the router's firmware by accessing the UI via a browser. You can check the link below for the steps.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23960

Note: Please make sure to perform a factory reset after updating the router's firmware. Check the link below for the steps.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9665

2. If you are still unable to login via the NETGEAR Genie app/program, you can try uninstalling and re-installing it.

3. Try logging in using another device (Android, iOS, another computer).

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
LuckyLief
Aspirant

Hi Dexter, Thanks for your reply. I slept on it and then uninstalled Kaspersky amd was able to connect through ethernet directly to the router today. Kaspersky seems to be a bottleneck that cannot be got around. I updated the firmware to 1.0.2.20 and it seemed to be fine after rebooting. I did not do a factory reset. So far it seems to be working fine. fingers crossed.I am connecting to Fire TV with 5G and most other things with the 2.4. I am expecting to like it.

Message 3 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @LuckyLief,

Thank you for the update and confirmation. Please keep us posted if there are any other issues that will arise.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 5
William10a
Master

Kaspersky is an ativirus unity and it's firewall probability block the connection.Programs can play mean too when they hate the new program Genie  and Kaspersky dislike they work together not first time older program fights a new program that breaks a set of rules in a program.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series