× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR450 loses internet. All lights stay white

Old_Soldier
Apprentice

Two to three times a week, so far. Had been happening, at that frequency, on a daily basis. Still unable to determine causation.

Message 26 of 42
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Are you able to access the interface via 192.168.1.1 or routerlogin.net when the disconnection occurs?

Message 27 of 42
Old_Soldier
Apprentice

Interface is accessible via the IP address and the log didn't show anything. Will try to post it, next time it happens.

Message 28 of 42
Old_Soldier
Apprentice

PC upgraded to Windows 11 Pro, last night. Router dropped internet and had to be rebooted. Happened after installing graphics drivers and required restart, for PC. All lights were on, couldn't access router via IP. Log wiped, on reboot.

Message 29 of 42
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Interesting, does it tend to happen after a big download?
Message 30 of 42
Old_Soldier
Apprentice

No, this is the first time that it has happened, as far as I know. Mystifying, though.

Message 31 of 42
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could be a one off, do keep an eye on it and let us know if it happens again. See if you can make out any sort of pattern as to when it happens.
Message 32 of 42
Old_Soldier
Apprentice

Still happening, without warning, at random times. Online devices aren't shown as being online, have to have HT160 on, for different PC, downstairs. Haven't picked up anything pointing to a cause, yet, either. Any word from dev team, yet?

Message 33 of 42
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Is it dropping the connection for wired devices too? Or is it just dropping wireless devices when this happens?

There's been a new firmware since you last posted, have you upgraded to it? If not, could you please upgrade to it and make sure you factory reset the XR after doing so.

Message 34 of 42
Old_Soldier
Apprentice

Everything loses connection, when this happens. It has .130 firmware installed and I've done a factory reset.

Message 35 of 42
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did you ever try the reserved IPs suggestion? You could do it with a few and see if they drop when everything else does
Message 36 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a full power OFF of the router AND ISP modem for 1 minute then back on? 

I've been using v130 and haven't seen issues, though I saw 1 router stopped working entirely about a few days after v130 was loaded. After a full power OFF and using IP address reservations and using 192.168.0.100 to .150. Been working fine since then. Also use 160HT as well. I had mine connected to a CAX80 in modem mode though. QoS enabled, sliders set for 99% on both since I'm the only gamer and game at night. No Ad Blocker. All other settings default. 

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Did you ever try the reserved IPs suggestion? You could do it with a few and see if they drop when everything else does

Message 37 of 42
Old_Soldier
Apprentice

I've been assigning static IP addresses, today. Have to figure out what each device is, via its MAC. Will advise.

Message 38 of 42
Old_Soldier
Apprentice

@FURRYe38Had multiple issues with ISP, since it went down November 9th. Yeah, I'm on Xfinity. dBmV levels were very low, on downstream channels and they sent a techh out, that actually did the job right. Still not up to 900mbps, though. To your point, though, the modem and router have been disconnected from power, power cycled, re-initialized, several times. Modem has been stable, since November 24th, with dBmV levels of +5 to +8.7, on the downstream channels. Router will, inexplicably, drop internet connectivity, from the modem, even when there's nothing wrong with the modem signals. I've not found any corelation to any in home activity, that would give me any clue to the cause. I'm more than baffled.

Message 39 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

What CAT# cable are you using between the modem and router? CAT6 is recommended. 

Something else to try. Download the v130 FW file. Disconnect ALL wired and wireless devices from the router. Disconnect it from the ISP modem as well. Leave 1 wired PC connected. Re-send the v130 FW file and let it process it. After its back to ready, do a ERASE function on the routers web page. Found down under Advanced tab/Admin/Backup. When the router reboots, connect it to the ISP Modem on the WAN Port. Walk thru the setup wizard on the router. Once back to the home screen, set the IP address pool size to 192.168.1.100 to .200. 
I'd leave all other settings default. QoS try disabled first then enabled. I set my sliders for 99% on both since i'm the only one gaming at night, however you might set your at 70% when you enable QoS. I set manual channels 11 and 149, adjust for your wifi nighbors if you have any. Enabled 160HT. 

After setting up the router, do a full on reboot of it. As it starts to reboot, reconnect your wired wireles devices. 

Message 40 of 42
Old_Soldier
Apprentice

@FURRYe38  The cable that came with the modem (Motorola 8600) is a cat 5e. Swapped it out for a cat 6. Set IP ranges from .100 to .150, since I don't have 100 devices, that need to connect. May have to drop that range down to .2 to .52. Suspect the Verizon signal extender I have can't take IP addresses at .100 and above. Will check with Verizon, on that. All other cables are cat 6, by the way.

Message 41 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. I would turn OFF the verizon signal extender as well. Lets see how well the router does before adding a extender. 

I put my XR450 back online yesterday in AP mode behind my CAX80. I did add my two EX7700 extenders as well. No issues or complaints from the home folk yesterday or today. But thats AP mode. Smiley Wink

Message 42 of 42
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 41 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7