× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ac2400

MercsRampage
Aspirant

Ac2400

Hey I need help I know this will void the warranty but does anybody know how and where I can find a custom operating system for my XR 450 

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Ac2400

Installing 3rd party firmware to your router does void the warranty. Usually most users are able to reinstall the old firmware if they have issues but if you brick it while installing the 3rd party firmware, how do you get back to stock? 

so you're a little caught. Gamble and try 3rd party firmware while in warranty or just wait until the warranty expires to try it? 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

I'd try this first:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/NOTICE-NETDUMA-Beta-Firmware-for-the-N...

You'll need to search DD WRT or OpenWRT forums to see if those are supporting of the XR series. 

Good Luck

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Installing 3rd party firmware to your router does void the warranty. Usually most users are able to reinstall the old firmware if they have issues but if you brick it while installing the 3rd party firmware, how do you get back to stock? 

so you're a little caught. Gamble and try 3rd party firmware while in warranty or just wait until the warranty expires to try it? 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series