× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Announcement: New DumaOS Feature - Geo - Fencing

BretD
Admin

Announcement: New DumaOS Feature - Geo - Fencing

GeoFencing.png

duma3-banner-short.png

When we launched the Geo-Filter all the way back in 2018 with the XR500, it changed the way gamers experience matchmaking. By giving you control over the location of the servers you play on, you were able to take control of one of the biggest reasons your game lags; distance.

But as all serious gamers know, not all server banks are made equal, and it's not always just a simple case of playing on the servers closest to your home. You guys wanted more control, we listened, and made Geo-Fencing to solve this once and for all.

The Geo-Fencing feature lets you manually draw Geo-Filters around the server banks you like and block all the server banks you don't like.

You can also draw multiple Geo Fencing filters, so you can cover all the best server regions for your game.

Geo-fencing.gif

Here is a video demo showing Geo Fencing in action:

Geo Fencing is just one of eight new features coming to your DumaOS Powered Router with v3.0 so stay tuned for our next feature announcement, which we will be revealing another feature next week!

Message 1 of 10
warne1379
Initiate

Re: Announcement: New DumaOS Feature - Geo - Fencing

@BretD wrote:

GeoFencing.png

duma3-banner-short.png

When we launched the Geo-Filter all the way back in 2018 with the XR500, it changed the way gamers experience matchmaking. By giving you control over the location of the servers you play on, you were able to take control of one of the biggest reasons your game lags; distance.

But as all serious gamers know, not all myprepaidcenter activation server banks are made equal, and it's not always just a simple case of playing on the servers closest to your home. You guys wanted more control, we listened, and made Geo-Fencing to solve this once and for all.

The Geo-Fencing feature lets you manually draw Geo-Filters around the server banks you like and block all the server banks you don't like.

You can also draw multiple Geo Fencing filters, so you can cover all the best server regions for your game.

Geo-fencing.gif

Here is a video demo showing Geo Fencing in action:

Geo Fencing is just one of eight new features coming to your DumaOS Powered Router with v3.0 so stay tuned for our next feature announcement, which we will be revealing another feature next week!

wow thats great news ..thanks for sharing this..

Message 2 of 10
DillyDilly
Apprentice

"Geo Fencing is just one of eight new features coming to your DumaOS Powered Router with v3.0 so stay tuned for our next feature announcement, which we will be revealing another feature next week!"

It's next week.  🤔

Message 3 of 10
TTVxIndicaxHigh
Initiate

Will Geo-Fencing actually block servers & games outside our range! I know i had problems using geo filter with ping assist set to 30ms with fast search toggled off! An i was still getting into games over 35-40ms even tho i wanted a stable 30ms or lower server. This was for call of duty so i hope Geo Fencing feature will work better. An hopefully i can get into games lower than 30ms! Because i want to have the best games so a game being at least 20ms would be fantastic. I dont mind searching longer to get that game.
Message 4 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It works the same as the existing radius except for the fact that you can draw you radius and have several on the go at once so if you know there are a few servers in different places that play well then you can draw around them to force them while ignoring potential other servers that would normally be within your radius.
Message 5 of 10
YT-xIndicaxHigh
Aspirant

Is Geo fencing gonna garentee anything outside my drawn area will be blocked. Even servers im about to connect too. I ran into issue somedays with Geo Filter & sometimes it put me on a bad server on PC when i have Filtered Mode on with Ping assist set to 30ms which in the future i'd like it to be lower. Becuase i don't mind searching longer for the lobby's i want. An sometimes it keeps allowing connections outside my search range. Im viewing my Geo Filter while gaming. An it needs to be fixed & not allow players outside my search area to connect to me. I have it set to 500 Miles no reason players 700-800 Miles away should be connected to me. An i never toggle fast search on. Espacally for newer cods! I hope geo fencing will be a huge improvement over Geo filter! 

Message 6 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It works the same way as the existing radius so anything outside will be blocked - however, if you use Ping Assist then you still are able to get games outside your radius that are under your limit. If you want it to be a hard barrier then set Ping Assist to 0. Also you can't influence where other players connect to unless you're the host which is unlikely. You can only force what host you play on but as you are close to the server you'll have the advantage.
Message 7 of 10
YT-xIndicaxHigh
Aspirant

I thought setting it to 0 allowed all connections even outside your search area from what i read! Even with filtered Mode on! I have had it on 0 an i was getting into lobbys with no fast search enabled i never use fast searc unless its a really old cod but, not for modern warfare an setting it to 0 got me into crazy lobbys. So im kinda misunderstanding the hard barrier setting it to 0! The COD server i know is in seattle an it seems i can't get a connection off that. It keeps putting me near los angela's. Even tho i have blocked those dedicated server. So its a bug i mentioned in another post. That i really want it to be looked at. I will still connect me to that dedicated server no matter if i blocked the connection.

Message 8 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you provide a screenshot of the Geo-Filter when you're observing this behavior please?
Message 9 of 10
YT-xIndicaxHigh
Aspirant

Yea i will when i get a chance!
Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7