× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bufferbloat, Lag, ETC... Nighthawk PRO XR1000

Goliaths
Follower

Bufferbloat, Lag, ETC... Nighthawk PRO XR1000

Hi All, I was hoping to get some assistance. I'm constantly dealing with issues of packet loss, and feel a notable delay in hit reg while FPS gaming. After a lot of experimentation and 8+ Spectrum Visit I do not believe its an issue on ISP's side. My latest idea is an issue of my upload with bufferbloat. Its persistent with QOS on and off, various bandwidth allocation and traffic prioritization. From what I understood the XR1000 has a built in SQM, is it possible its not functioning? Any ideas would be great. Thanks. 

Goliaths_0-1715793608156.png

Goliaths_1-1715793682201.png

Goliaths_2-1715793736004.png

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Bufferbloat, Lag, ETC... Nighthawk PRO XR1000

What test results if you ethernet connect your test PC directly to the ISP modem or ONT? 

How is the router configured for QoS and such? Where are the sliders positioned? 

Test with QoS enabled and disabled to compare results.

Try testing with a different PC to compare results.

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6A STP is recommended.

Try updating FW? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/New-XR1000v1-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-72...

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Bufferbloat, Lag, ETC... Nighthawk PRO XR1000

You need to use Congestion Control specifically for this, how do you have this set and have you experimented with the percentages?
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7