× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Invisible Players Destiny 2

ipponz
Aspirant

Invisible Players Destiny 2

Hello,

I have a Netgear XR500 Gaming Router and in Destiny PvP the enemy players are often invisible. I can shoot them and i see them shooting at me, but still they are invisible.

The only settings that i've changed in the router is Geo filtering (2000 km) and QoS (Playstation priority 1).

What could i have done wrong?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Invisible Players Destiny 2

Glad to hear you haven't experienced it recently, have the other players found what the cause was? It sounds more like a server issue to me and that would make sense if without changing anything it's now working correctly. If it was an issue with the Geo-Filter then you probably wouldn't be put in the game in the first place.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That doesn't sound like a router issue, I can't think of anything on the router that would make enemies invisible. I'd suggest maybe looking on the Destiny community sites and seeing if anyone has experienced anything similar.
Message 2 of 5
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

When you say invisible, you mean you can't see them? Their character models aren't there?

Message 3 of 5
ipponz
Aspirant

Hi,

Yes, their characters are invisible, as are my equipped weapons.

But i saw that there are also other players experiencing the same problem on Bungie forum.

Haven't experienced it for a couple of days now.

Thanks for your reply.

Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Glad to hear you haven't experienced it recently, have the other players found what the cause was? It sounds more like a server issue to me and that would make sense if without changing anything it's now working correctly. If it was an issue with the Geo-Filter then you probably wouldn't be put in the game in the first place.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7