× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OpenVPN configuration

MatthewH123
Follower

OpenVPN configuration

Hi, recently purchased an XR500, and was trying to set up the OpenVPN server it is able to connect successfully but I am unable to access certain local resources (local web pages running on a local machine). Was wondering if this is an issue with the router, the server itself, or the OpenVPN configurations (either client or server). Thanks

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: OpenVPN configuration

I'm assuming you have selected the option for local network on the service page? Have you tried with both TAP/TUN and different ports? You may have more success by starting a ticket directly with Netgear http://support.netgear.com/
Message 2 of 8
Flix2013
Aspirant

Betreff: OpenVPN configuration

Hey did you get a solution I have the same problem thx

Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you tried what I've suggested above?
Message 4 of 8
Flix2013
Aspirant

what i have don so far i Setup a Dynamic DNS With  no ip Then  I activated the VPN Setting an Downloaden the certifikation file an instaled it on Open VPN Client connect. After i Saw your Post i changed the Port to use and renewed the certification file. Tried do Connection again it says im conected but i still cant Connect to the Server just router. Sorry for Wasting your time but thx for the Help👍

I cant Change between tun tap but between tcp and udp 

Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What server are you trying to connect to? Could you explain what the aim of using the VPN service is and we can see where to go from there.
Message 6 of 8
Flix2013
Aspirant

Im trying to Access my windows Shared file  over the VPN via IPad/IPhone and Laptop

Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You shouldn't need to use a VPN for this, if you have done your sharing settings correctly then they should be discoverable on your devices without a VPN.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7