× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

QoS on XR500

iKills
Follower

QoS on XR500

I just got 1gbps fiber optic internet today. I have my PC hardwired to my XR500 router.

My upload and download speeds are both around 930mbps.

Other than my PC there's 1 laptop, 3 phones, and 2 TVs streaming live TV (though they aren't on most of the time) connected to my WiFi.

If my gaming PC is really all I care about should I set my PC to 100% of 1,000gbps?

My speeds are consistently around to same with QoS enabled or disabled. I assume, when I'm streaming TV and not using my PC, that the TV will still get adequate speeds, right?

Last, instead of posting a new thread.. When I check for updates it says there's 1 available. However, it fails and never updates. Any ideas??
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: QoS on XR500

What firmware version are you currently running on the XR?

You don't need to allocate that much bandwidth to the gaming PC, gaming doesn't use much bandwidth at all.

What I would suggest you do is set the Congestion Control sliders to about 60% each, then leave it set to Auto-enable.

This way, when you start playing something, all devices on the network will be throttled slightly and your gaming traffic will be prioritised. Other devices will still be able to use the internet and it should all feel normal still.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7