× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Super slow internet connection Xr500

TheMattMan
Guide

Super slow internet connection Xr500

Hello all, I started getting slow speeds yesterday out of the blue and haven't changed any settings. I have restarted modem and router multiple times and it stays the same. What is weird is speedtest is showing my speeds all really good where they should be and some websites load normally and others take forever like I have super slow internet. For instance everything on the netgear community site is super slow, but yahoo, ebay, amazon etc loads fast and I can click links inside and they load fast. I upgraded to new firmware today to see if that helped with no difference. I have QOS disabled. I tried to connecting direct from the modem and everything works as it should, but when through the router certain sites are extremely slow again. I have tried multiple computers with the same issue. I tried wireless through my computer and its slow also. Has my router just gone out?

Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That could be a DNS issue, have you changed the DNS manually and if not it would be a good thing to change and see if you notice any difference. Are you using a VPN? What web browser/device are you using to access the internet?
Message 2 of 6
TheMattMan
Guide

I haven't made any changes at all. I am not using a VPN , but its acting like you have a VPN selected for like Germany or something from the United States, everything loads just extremely slow. I have tried mozilla and chrome. Its very strange, Yahoo and all links load fast, Youtube takes days to load, and gmail takes forever to do anything.

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

In LAN Settings change the DNS to use 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 for secondary, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if it has improved.
Message 4 of 6
TheMattMan
Guide

Ok I will try that. I changed the Ipv6 to DHCP and it seems to have resolved a lot of the issues.. Definitely working better than it was. I don't know why it would just randomly act up like this when nothing was changed. The internet connection type was as disabled before I changed it to DHCP.

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Interesting, glad to hear it's working again, do keep us posted if it presents itself again
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7