× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR1000v2 Maps Wont Stay Centered on my Region

XR1000v2 Maps Wont Stay Centered on my Region

I bought a XR1000v2 (newest firmware 1.1.0.16_2.1.25)  a week ago and the DumaOS has an annoying issue that every time you come back to it when you go to the Geo-Filter Map or the Ping Heatmap both maps are always centered on Central America. Having to drag and re-center both maps back to the US every time you load the OS page before you can use the maps is very annoying and getting old quick.

I know that it knows my correct location (Batesville, Arkansas) because that is where the center point of the radar on the Geo-Filter map shows to emanate from. I even wonder if it's because in the Time Zone settings where most US time zones list like "(GMT-7:00) Arizona, Chihuahua, La Paz, Mazatlan", "(GMT-7:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)", "(GMT-5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)" where they list the United States locations first, for the Central time zone they have it as "(GMT-6:00) Central America, Central Time (US & Canada)". The only US time zone where they list another location ahead of the US... Central America is listed first, and that is exactly where the maps are centered every time the DumaOS loads! No idea if that's a coincidence or not.

The best options in order would have been to have it;

1. Remember where you manually centered it last.

2. Automatically center over your set home city location.

3. or at the very least center on your own country.

...but nooo, mine always loads centered on Central America no where near any of the above.

Does anyone know a way to make the maps stay where you center them, stay centered on your home location, or at least center over your own country (in my case the continental United States)?

Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7