× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 randomly drops internet throughout the day

sev7nflow
Apprentice

Re: XR500 randomly drops internet throughout the day

Yes, I was utilizing router login.net, is there a difference between the two links?
Message 26 of 36
sev7nflow
Apprentice

Also if it’s any help, I can connect to the router fine - it takes me to the ping page and enter a admin // password screen. However I just can’t get past to the dashboard once I hit submit
Message 27 of 36
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

They would both allow you to access, other than that no difference but sometimes people are able to load better on one vs the other. Do a factory reset as you would need to do one anyway after TFTP is done and then see if it allows you to access properly
Message 28 of 36
sev7nflow
Apprentice

Still the same issue… blank red screen after I input security answers and new password on incognito window
Message 29 of 36
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

After doing a reset did it allow you to go through the setup wizard? You shouldn't need to do the forgotten password there
Message 30 of 36
sev7nflow
Apprentice

After the reset, it goes to internet detection , then checks speed, then set up admin password and security answers. After I submit those, it does not proceed
Message 31 of 36
sev7nflow
Apprentice

Ok finally got it to go through after a number of Tfttp transfers and resets… will update if the router shuts off still
Message 32 of 36
sev7nflow
Apprentice

so looks like the problem is back after 2-3 days of no drops. it is not happening as frequently as prior, but still occurs randomly

Message 33 of 36
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK that's good, can you go through and setup the static IPs again, and change the DHCP range so the devices have IPs outside of this range. After that the drops should hopefully stop all together.

Message 34 of 36
sev7nflow
Apprentice

Thanks... did this last night - so far so good.

Just trying to understand - what is the cause of the issue?

Message 35 of 36
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We believe it's caused by DHCP renewing/changing the IP addresses of devices too soon/incorrectly. It is normal to do this but you shouldn't notice it usually. Netgear are aware and looking into it. This is the best workaround we have until they can implement a fix.
Message 36 of 36
Discussion stats
  • 35 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7