× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: xbox and playstation disconnects

Lamontagne
Aspirant

xbox and playstation disconnects

Hi I purchased the XR500 5 days ago.  1st 2 days was working great.  Last 3 days I have had my xbox one X, xbox S and my PS4 Pro all were disconnected when I turned them on.  They are all wired connected.  Everything else that is connected wirelessly works fine.  I have the current firmware and have reset everything router, cable modem and consoles.  Once I reboot the router my consoles connect and work great. I have QoS set at 70% and "always" selected.  What can I do to fix this problem.  

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
XRaptor29
Luminary

Do they disconnect when being used or on standby / instant on?
Message 2 of 8
Lamontagne
Aspirant

No they work great when being used. It was working fine yesterday when I went to play last night with instant on. It 1st happened 2 days ago. I did the whole reset everything. Worked fine after reset. Turned them on last night and worked great. Went to turn it on today to download something and was disconnected. Tried my other Xbox same then tried ps4 same. I also just tried my computer that is hard wired as well and it’s disconnected too. So everything I have hard wired is disconnected and everything wireless works great.
Message 3 of 8
XRaptor29
Luminary

I think it's a firmware side issue. They probably have a setting set to high. When the consoles are on standby they're pulling less than 100mbps and after a few hours the router probably drops it thinking the device is off. I've seen multiple people talk about it in the forum. The thing that fixed it for now was turning the consoles into power save mode. Hopefully Netgear can fix the issue since the Xbox One X isn't the only one being affected.
Message 4 of 8
Lamontagne
Aspirant

Ok I’ll try that. Thanks for the help
Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Lamontagne, I've sent you a PM with a firmware that may fix the issue.
Message 6 of 8
Lamontagne
Aspirant

Great thank you I will try this out tonight
Message 7 of 8
wub901
Guide

I have 2 xbox ones and a ps4 through this router on the latest firmware have not had any issues apart from having to to put the xbox ports into port triggering.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7