Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

16Mbps with R6900P (100Mbps from ISP)

gusung75
Initiate

16Mbps with R6900P (100Mbps from ISP)

Hi, members.

I feel bad to even post this as so many similar topics have been posted and discussed. After reading through a number of postings, I decided to share my issue and seek for some advice.

I recently upgraded my internet speed from 15mbps to 100mbps (xfinity). Modem is SB6141 connected to R6900P.

I noticed that ethernet speed went up to 100 mbps measured at internet speed test page. However, my WiFi speed is consistenly at around 16 mbps wtih 5GHz. This is the same speed I used to get with the lower speed plan.

I updated the router to the latest FW (1.3.2.124) (which I don't think is the cause). Is there anything I can try to diagnose the issue? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
gusung75
Initiate

Re: 16Mbps with R6900P (100Mbps from ISP)

Thanks for your advice.

I actually disabled Dynamic QoS on the router setting which seemed to resolve the issue. The measured speed increased from 16 mbps to 80-100 on the same speed tester.

The test was done at night time when internet traffic was low. I'll see if the speed still remains similar or at least better than the initial one.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Have you tried disabling qos? 

Or tried a simple factory reset? Maybe an old qos setting is being retained and causing the issue. 

Message 2 of 4
gusung75
Initiate

Thanks for your advice.

I actually disabled Dynamic QoS on the router setting which seemed to resolve the issue. The measured speed increased from 16 mbps to 80-100 on the same speed tester.

The test was done at night time when internet traffic was low. I'll see if the speed still remains similar or at least better than the initial one.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear it was the simpler step to get it working!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7