Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC2300 nighthawk router flashing lights

Enomwoyi
Aspirant

AC2300 nighthawk router flashing lights

My R7000P Nighthawk AC2300 router has started flashing lights in a weird sequence when plugged into the power. I've tried holding down the reset button for 30 seconds, I've tried different outlets. When attempting to update the tftp settings, the router isn't even detected when plugged into my PC. It seems bricked, is there anyone else with a similar problem and/or solution?

Thank you. 

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: AC2300 nighthawk router flashing lights

Only other thing I'd try would be nmrpflash. 

https://github.com/jclehner/nmrpflash

another thing to check is the power supply. I've seen a bad power supply cause bootup issues. 

Message 2 of 9
Enomwoyi
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestion! I have ordered a 12v5a power supply to test out, which should arrive on Friday. I will update whether or not this solution works, then try the netgear unbrick github suggestion. 

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

Not sure if the power supply option will work. Was just something to try.

Usually people have one sitting around that matches voltage/polarity that they can try. 

Message 4 of 9
Enomwoyi
Aspirant

I downloaded the nmrpflash software and am able to open it, but whenever i type a command it instantly closes. the bottom of the command prompt says " press any key to exit". I'm not able to type any commands?

Message 5 of 9
Enomwoyi
Aspirant

ok i figured out how to use the nmrp on command prompt but still had no success, sorry didnt know how to delete a post. will update if power supply works. Thank you

Message 6 of 9

@Enomwoyi wrote:

ok i figured out how to use the nmrp on command prompt but still had no success, sorry didnt know how to delete a post. will update if power supply works. Thank you

These power bricks are pretty generic. You may have something suitable lying around. That would be a quick test to see if that is the problem.

Message 7 of 9
Enomwoyi
Aspirant

Still no luck, the new power supply was a 12v5a, and the original one was a 12v3.5a. I saw in another similar post that the 12v5a power supply fixed the issue, but it seems this didnt work for me. Am I out of luck if these two options didn't work?

Message 8 of 9

In your first message you said:

I've tried holding down the reset button for 30 seconds,

Have you also tried the "recovery reset"?

• Press reset for 30 seconds
  • Keep pressing reset while removing power
  • Keep pressing reset for another 30 seconds while apply power

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7