Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AP Mode and wired connection to TV

Cannedmeat
Aspirant

AP Mode and wired connection to TV

My router an old Apple AirPort Extreme and modem are located in my office and, I get a weak wifi signal in my living room. I'm considering buying the AC1900 and placing in the living room with both my smart TV and Apple TV and connecting the two routers with an Ethernet cable, running the ac1900 in AP mode and connecting cables from the AC1900 to my smart tv and Apple TV. Will this work and is it really necessary to connect cables between the router and tv-Apple TV. I'm under the impression the wired is better than wireless.

Thank you

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
William10a
Master

Yes they will still work just fine with the router set up as a access point it just allows you to connect to the main router with wired and wifi devices if wifi is enable on the second router(access point) in a remote location.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
William10a
Master

True wired connections can connect devices to to your at almost full speed of the internet you pay for and wireless has limits and walls can cut down on your range But a router as access point can bridge dead shots in a home with wifi can be a hit or miss like all wifi routers.

Message 2 of 5
Cannedmeat
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. So now I understand that a wired connection is better than wireless, with the AC1900 connected to my primary router using ethernet, will the LAN ports on the AC1900 still function? It seems logical to me that they would, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
William10a
Master

Yes they will still work just fine with the router set up as a access point it just allows you to connect to the main router with wired and wifi devices if wifi is enable on the second router(access point) in a remote location.

Message 4 of 5

The easiest way to hard-wire a TV to a network is with a pair of powerline plugs.

Product FAQ: Powerline Adapters | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Powerline Networking | Powerline Ethernet | NETGEAR

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7