Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX1800 RAX10

kearp
Follower

AX1800 RAX10

I have an AX1800 RAX10 on firmware 1.0.4.96.

There is an issue with the access control settings automatically turning itself on or off and blocking devices that have previously been allowed on the network.

I have not been able to definitively pinpoint every instance when this occurs, but if there is an outage or anything that restarts the Netgear device, then I will receive a 'connected without internet' message when trying to connect with my mobile, 1 or 2 echo dots, or occasionally my laptop.

When I first realized what was occurring, I cleared the checkbox in access control to "allow" everything to connect.

To no avail, a restart, or an update will turn that setting back on. When it does, previously allowed devices are now blocked and I have to go into the router and allow the same 2-3 each time. It's always 1 paritcular echo dot, my mobile, and either my work laptop, home laptop, or printer.

No other settings are being updated that I can determine.

I did update settings in the device today and rebooted it (this also causes it to occur) and when I did, my cell phone that was just connected to the network would not.

Any suggestions are immensely appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: AX1800 RAX10

Have you tried a simple factory reset and reinstall? Not just a reboot. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7