Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Access Control / Attached Devices not showing up

jbenjesus
Guide

Access Control / Attached Devices not showing up

Recently I have been trying to access "Access Control" and "Attached Devices" from any browser when logging in to routerlogin.net. I can access all other tabs and links in routerlogin.net, but for some reason I can no longer see attached devices nor can I open access control. When I click those links it says, "Please wait a moment" with a cycling circle and then instead of bringing up the page it stays white with my tabs on the left hand side remaining. I can be in either the basic or advanced tab and I get the same results.

I have the latest firmware version already. I'm using Windows X OS and trying with Chrome, Firefox, and IE.

trying to access access controltrying to access access controlresult after trying to access the access controlresult after trying to access the access controlblank page after trying to see attached devicesblank page after trying to see attached devices 

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

@jbenjesus wrote:

I have the latest firmware version already.

If you applied the firmware yourself, did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

The factory reset is more a "witchcraft" move than a technically informed solution, but it does seem to fix problems, especially on the wifi front. Is that how you are connected to the router?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
nucloid
Apprentice

the 'connected' list is useless.  USELESS.  you cannot use it - accessed from any direction - to give you a net map.  even the cheapest routers can tell you what devices they route for.  I am pissed.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 5

@jbenjesus wrote:

I have the latest firmware version already.

If you applied the firmware yourself, did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

The factory reset is more a "witchcraft" move than a technically informed solution, but it does seem to fix problems, especially on the wifi front. Is that how you are connected to the router?

Message 3 of 5
jbenjesus
Guide

Doing a factory reset has fixed the problem. Thank you.

Message 4 of 5
jbenjesus
Guide

I did a factory reset and I was able to access both attached devices and access control. But the next day,  lost access AGAIN!

So I did a firmware upgrade, but to the previous firmware patch. I did a factory reset and it worked fine. Then I lost it again the next day!

Not only that, my router's time on the traffic meter is 4 hours off my present time and I can't figure out how to fix that either.

Can anyone from Netgear support help me? I didn't do anything to this router for all this to happen, unless you count the firware upgrades it sends out.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7