Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Attached Devices is not showing

dunehuang
Tutor

Attached Devices is not showing

I am currently using R8000P with firmware version V1.4.1.42_1.3.4. The Attached Devices is not showing any devices that are connected. I am able to use NightHawk App to view the attached devices, but not on Chrome or IE. Can anyone help?

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Wired1
Tutor

I rolled the firmware back to v1.4.1.30 and my attached devices are back!

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

Usual answer is CLEAR THE CACHE on the browsers. May help, but that list has problems on many routers. A new Browser like Firefox might work for you even.

Message 2 of 11
dunehuang
Tutor

Thanks, I did all that, it still not working. If is happen to many devices, I think Netgear should fix the issue. In addition, Netgear is one of the best brands and it's products are not cheap. I hope Netgear will view the comment on this official community and act upon it. 

Message 3 of 11
myersw
Master

@dunehuang wrote:

Thanks, I did all that, it still not working. If is happen to many devices, I think Netgear should fix the issue. In addition, Netgear is one of the best brands and it's products are not cheap. I hope Netgear will view the comment on this official community and act upon it. 

While this is a Netgear supported site it is doubtful that someone from Netgear will actually see this post. This site is for us common folk to post questions or problems with the hope someone else has encountered and knows the answer or suggestions as to what to try. 

IMHO Netgear used to make great routers, etc. Still do hardware wise, but they seem to have lost their way when it comes to firmware. Hopefully they will get things back on track. This is just my $.02. 

Message 4 of 11
dunehuang
Tutor

This is really sad, I was hopping Netgear would want to hear customer voice. Anywhere thanks for your insights. Appreciated your reply 

Message 5 of 11
JoseAndres041
Luminary

I have an R8000P and could not reproduce this one. I have tried Chrome and IE. I have enabled/disabled QoS and my Attached Devices page still shows my connected clients. My suggestion is to factory reset your router or re-flash the firmware.

Message 6 of 11
Wired1
Tutor

I have the exact same problem after updating toV1.4.1.42_1.3.4.  This router wasn't cheap even though it's been out for quite a while and the QoS worked great with VOIP right out of the box.  I hope they fix this quickly.  Is there a way to roll back to an earlier firmware?

Message 7 of 11
IrvSp
Master

@Wired1 wrote:

Is there a way to roll back to an earlier firmware?

Yes, go to support, enter router model in the search bar, then select DOWNLOADS, open up PRIOR VERSIONS at the bottom of the list. Get the F/W and README. Follow instructions in README.

Message 8 of 11
Wired1
Tutor

Message 9 of 11
myersw
Master

@Wired1 wrote:

That seems to be the common fix for issues right now. With the garbage firmware that Netgear is putting out, seemingly with out any testing, it seems that your experience is the norm. 

Message 10 of 11
MalibuGuy
Initiate

Agreed, firmware seems to get worse and worse.  They probably put their unskilled programmers on the task of updates, with no QC oversight.  Maybe Netgear's attitude is, "we got your money, now you mean nothing to us".

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7