Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Auto Reboot of a nighthawk X6 R8000 router

Beep01
Follower

Auto Reboot of a nighthawk X6 R8000 router

Hello Community:

I have a Nighthawk X6 R8000 Router, I would like to place it on an automatic BOOTUP schedule at least once a week at a certain time at night.

I checked the internet but all of the instructions that I found would not give me the correct procedures to set the day and time for a reboot.

Does anyone know where I can find the instruction for the automatic rebood settings for my model of router.   I have been rebooting the router manually , but I was told there is automatic settings for netgear routers.

any help will be appreciated

Thanks,  Beep01

Message 1 of 5
johnshelbyy
Aspirant

Re: Auto Reboot of a nighthawk X6 R8000 router

@Beep01 wrote:

Hello Community:

I have a Nighthawk X6 R8000 Router, I would like to place it on an automatic BOOTUP schedule at least once a week at a certain time at night.

I checked the internet but all of the instructions that I found would not give me the correct procedures to set the day and time for a reboot.

Does anyone know where I can find the instruction for the automatic rebood settings for my model of router.   I have been rebooting the router manually , but I was told there is automatic settings for netgear routers.

any help will be appreciated

Thanks,  Beep01

facing same issue 

Message 2 of 5
ESBPGEN
Aspirant

I think the person was looking for a Yes/No answer!  Preferably a Yes with an accompanying explanation on how to set it up.  A No with an explanation that it is an unavailable feature would probably have been helpful!!  Kudos on occupying the middle ground with a contribution lacking in all aspects!!  Well, maybe not, as I'm sure you got a rush providing it.

Anyway back to the question to which the correct reply is ...... Netgear do not supply the functionality to reboot their router on an auto schedule.  You may also be interested in hearing that such a functionality is rare in this area across all brands.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

One reason why there isn't a scheduled reboot feature is that for most common working environments, a reboot is not needed or should be needed. If there is a reboot needed that seems to clear some problem, then the problem should be investigated and troubleshot to find out the real cause of the problem and take steps to correct it. There designed to work online 24/7. 

Items that can cause problems, ISP services, modems, wifi, and improper cooling of routers. Running of a laptop cooler under routers can help keep them cooler and last longer. Heat will damage electronics over time. 

I've never had to reboot ANY of my routers when online on a schedule. 

My R8000 worked great the last time I had it online:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Nighthawk-X6-R8000-not-getting-gigabit-speed...

Message 4 of 5
Kitsap
Master

I agree with @FURRYe38 .  Rebooting a router on a set schedule is treating a symptom and not addressing the root cause of a problem.

If you are really determined to reboot your router on a schedule, buy a smart plug for Alexa and program it to power off and then power on a few minutes later once a week.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7