Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM700 r7000P xfinity internet intermittent dropped connection while hard wired to PS4

befremov
Follower

CM700 r7000P xfinity internet intermittent dropped connection while hard wired to PS4

I have xFinity internet connected to a CM700 modem and an r7000p router.  The PS4 is connected to the router via LAN cable and every hour or two I keep getting dropped from matches and party chat.  My network knowledge is limited but I did perform a ping test to google.com and my router, and 1 out of 10 times, I would get a packet loss of 25% when connected on WiFi.  I tried to do the same test when directly connected to the modem via LAN cable but from my short tests, I didn't get any packet loss.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: CM700 r7000P xfinity internet intermittent dropped connection while hard wired to PS4

What firmware is on the R7000P?
I'd try a longer test that just directly connecting to the modem and briefly testing it. Use it for a couple hours to ensure it isn't dropping. 

Its always good to make sure its not a modom/line issue before moving onto the R7000P.

If you do that and it doesn't drop, then here's the steps I'd try. 

1. reinstall the current firmware (1.3.2.126) over a hardwired connection (in case it was corrupt), then I'd factory reset, and do a clean install (not from backup). This covers but a corrupt firmware issue or an old setting causing issues. 

2. if that doesn't work, then I'd try installing version of firmware prior to netgear armor (1.3.0.20). again, factory reset and clean install it. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7