Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can access ReadySHARE from two computers, but not another.

Translucency
Tutor

Can access ReadySHARE from two computers, but not another.

Hello, all.

This issue has been driving me crazy, and I can't figure it out.  I've read through several similar posts, but none of the solutions worked for or applied to me.

I set up ReadySHARE on my Nighthawk AC1900.  It works, and I can access it from two computers.  But from the third computer, I get "Windows cannot access \\nighthawk\share", and the details say "Unspecified error."

All my computers are Windows 10, version 20H2.  All are on the same wifi SSID.  All have the network connection/firewall profile set to Private.  All have file and print sharing enabled.  All have SMB client installed.

I can see the Nighthawk device in Network.  But when I open it, I get the same error as above, except the details say "The network path was not found".

Also strange is that I have an SMB file share on one of the two computers, and I can access that just fine from the computer that can't access ReadySHARE.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Translucency
Tutor

Nevermind.  I finally got it working.

Some other posts mentioned to change the value in:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters\
Value: AllowInsecureGuestAuth

I checked my other machine that has a fresh install of Win10, and that value doesn't even exist.  So I deleted it, rebooted, and now it's working.

View solution in original post

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 4 of 5

All Replies

@Translucency wrote:

I set up ReadySHARE on my Nighthawk AC1900. 

What router are we talking about?

AC1900 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Is the Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0 listed in your footer involved in this in anyway? Or did you just click the first thing that popped up when you wrote your message?

Message 2 of 5
Translucency
Tutor

Sorry.  I didn't realize I had the wrong thing selected in the dropdown.  I blame it on being tired.  🙂

The router is the R7000.  Firmware version is V1.0.11.106_10.2.100.

Message 3 of 5
Translucency
Tutor

Nevermind.  I finally got it working.

Some other posts mentioned to change the value in:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters\
Value: AllowInsecureGuestAuth

I checked my other machine that has a fresh install of Win10, and that value doesn't even exist.  So I deleted it, rebooted, and now it's working.

Message 4 of 5

Nice research.

Windows strikes again.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7