Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access genie. Stuck in Bridged mode?

KILLJOY
Follower

Can't access genie. Stuck in Bridged mode?

Backround: My Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 has been nothing but problems since I bought it. Constantly rebooting itself, kicking me out of games, off of Netflix, etc. I am running it with a Netgear DOCSIS 3.0 High Speed Modem. I bought my parents the same combo for Christmas, and they have the same issues as far as disconnecting and rebooting goes.

What I did: Put my router in bridged mode. At the time, I was told it would give me the speeds im paying for, as well as stopping my internet from cutting out. Instead, I now cannot connect any device wirelessly to my router, and I cannot acces the genie page to switch it back from bridged mode to AP mode. I have reset the router multiple times. I've unplugged it, as well as held the reset button on the router while unplugging/plugging in. I have tried typing in routerlogin.net, 192.168.1.1, and my actual IP using ipconfig /all. I have not been able to connect any other devices wirelessly, get to the genie page, or see my 5g wireless network on any device. Only the 2.4g network shows, and is only connectable through an ethernet cord.

What I need help with: Getting it out of bridged mode (if its even still in it) and possibly get help as to configure it correctly. The router cuts out daily, primairly when I connect a device to it. I feel it may also block certain games I play. Perhaps due to a strict NAT or unforwarded ports. Buying such a top-end router and modem, I assume problem solving and troubleshooting would have been a breeze. Alas, here I am.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
storm1985
Prodigy

Re: Can't access genie. Stuck in Bridged mode?

If AC1900 is still on bridge mode check your main router UI for the IP (PC IP should be on that subnet too). 

Else push the reset button until you see the power LED blinking amber (for 10secs at least) then wait till all the lights lit up normally. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
storm1985
Prodigy

If AC1900 is still on bridge mode check your main router UI for the IP (PC IP should be on that subnet too). 

Else push the reset button until you see the power LED blinking amber (for 10secs at least) then wait till all the lights lit up normally. 

Message 2 of 3
Jatojumper
Aspirant

Connect to the network with a static ip then navigate to your router ip address and you should reach the admin page. In bridged mode you still have full control over your wireless settings it's just a bit different to get to ...
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7