Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot not stream Netflix and Hulu through switch GS116v2

Bosse1
Aspirant

Cannot not stream Netflix and Hulu through switch GS116v2

The network(wired) setup is cable modem CM1200 (Firmware V1.02.02 a newer version is available but ISP GRANDE say they don't have or don't update firmware). Wifi Router RAX80 (Firmware version V1.0.3.102) is connected to the cable modem and Switch GS116v2 is connected to RAX80. 

When turning on either one of the four LG TV's and iniating for example Netflix it wan't load up just ERROR and the same goes for all other services we have.

After this I reverted back to old modem Arris DG2470A and connected the switch to it and streaming is restored throughout the house.

I also tried to connect the switch to the modem but the result is the same. 

If anybody out there has a clue what is going on, please let me know.

Thanks,

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem, RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

A couple things. 

1. the Arris DG2470A is a modem/router combo device. 

2. The CM1200 has 4x ethernet ports but only port 1 can be used for that vast majority of isps. Make sure nothing else is connected to it. other than the router.

3. If you directly connect the RAX to the tv. does it stream? (skipping the switch)

4. Do they stream/work over wifi? 

Message 2 of 6
Bosse1
Aspirant

Hi GURU,

answers to your questions;

1. Yes, DG2470A is a modem/router combo.

2. Yes only the RAX80 is connected to the top port.

3. Direct connection RAX80 to TV doesn't work either.

4. Yes, TV's streams over wifi.

Regards Bosse1

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

No other devices have issues? 

Just the one TV? 

And other devices can use the same ethernet port without issues? 

Was it somehow blocked through access control?

Have you tried a factory reset and clean reinstall (not from backup) on the RAX?

Message 4 of 6
Bosse1
Aspirant

All TV's doesn't work. When trying to connect the TV's to wired connection it states there is no internet connection, but as stated before this doesn't happen when using the Arris cablemodem/ router.  I can get internet through the TV ethernet jacks using an old Dell laptop with WIN7 operating system, same applies to all jacks on the switch.

When it comes to access control I have not adjusted anything and didn't see anything about this in the nighthawk app on my cellphone.

I don't know how many install I done using the nighthawk app but it's several and have also done several reset back to factory settings.  The only change I've made was to change router login password.

I've read that there is ways to set a designated channel for 5G and turn off AXA 6 gig, but I have been able to find this.

I'm not very good at this, the only thing I know is that signals from RAX80 and the Arris must be different.  The easy way out is to revert back to Arris and return the Netgear modem and router but I hate to give up so I will try and get it worked out.  Have until Jan-2021 to get this resolved.

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

If the tv's are hardwired into the router, it shouldn't matter wireless AX on or off.

And its odd that everything works except for the tv's. 

have you checked with the tv manufacturer's? 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7