Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot setup R6120 after Factory Reset

ImPickle
Follower

Cannot setup R6120 after Factory Reset

Hi there,

After performing a factory reset on my R6120 while trying to troubleshoot a new NBN connection (the problem was unrelated to the router and has since been solved) I've found I cannot complete the the setup process again.

When trying it through routerlogin I get to the stage or logging in to my Netgear account, then when it prompts me to input the email confirmation code I get an error saying the device is already registered (which is true - its registered to me on the account im trying to log in to). Then it just bounces me back to the login screen and I can't proceed any further with setup. So I have no access to the net through the router and cannot get to any of the router settings.

When trying to perform the setup using the nighthawk app it fails at the point of checking the internet connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers. 

Model: R6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Cannot setup R6120 after Factory Reset

@ImPickle wrote:

When trying it through routerlogin I get to the stage or logging in to my Netgear account, then when it prompts me to input the email confirmation code I get an error saying the device is already registered (which is true - its registered to me on the account im trying to log in to). Then it just bounces me back to the login screen and I can't proceed any further with setup. So I have no access to the net through the router and cannot get to any of the router settings.

Is this with a wired connection and a browser?

What happens if you forget about entering an email address and move on to the next step?

@ImPickle wrote:

After performing a factory reset on my R6120 while trying to troubleshoot a new NBN connection (the problem was unrelated to the router and has since been solved)

What sort of NBN and what do you use to connect to the Internet? A modem? Which one?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7