Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant get a internet connection

cheese8584
Aspirant

Cant get a internet connection

Got my new router today and Ive been sitting here for 4 hours now trying to figure this out. I've been plugging my modem into the router with the given yellow cord but I keep getting a red light on internet. When I open routerlogin.net it tells me it cant detect internet, directs me to another page and tells me to put in my MAC address. When I do the process just repeats. I dont know what to do at this point, if I should just return it or what.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
cheese8584
Aspirant

Re: Cant get a internet connection

Call me dumb but it turned out I was plugging my nighthawk into the wrong box. I have two different boxes from at&t lul

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Try turning off the modem for a few minutes.
Message 2 of 10
cheese8584
Aspirant

I've tried restarting the modem and even resetting the router
Message 3 of 10
TheEther
Guru

Do you have another Ethernet cable handy?
Message 4 of 10
cheese8584
Aspirant

I've tried the other 3 that I have
Message 5 of 10
cheese8584
Aspirant

So I went to routerlogin and in the internet setup section my IP address, ip subnet mask, gateway IP address, and primary DNS are all 0.0.0.0 which I'm pretty sure isn't correct

Edit: also the MAC address seems to be off by 1 number??
Message 6 of 10

@TheEther wrote:
Try turning off the modem for a few minutes.

And remember that after doing that you should restart the whole network in the order specified in the Quick Start guide which is somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> R7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

In that way, the modem and router get to learn which is boss and should take control of the settings.

It may be no consolation, but you are not alone:

Set up problem - NETGEAR Communities

Message 7 of 10
SilentLucidity
Aspirant

I know this is no help but i can vouch what what Michael has said ! You indeed are NOT alone ! I am having the exact same problem as my D7800 router. If you do manage to find out what the problem is please let me know ! I know they are different models but they seem to have the same problem ! I am not able to get an internet connection on my end either and the IP address , DNS etc settings are all showing me the same thing ! 000.000.00.0 !

Message 8 of 10
cheese8584
Aspirant

Call me dumb but it turned out I was plugging my nighthawk into the wrong box. I have two different boxes from at&t lul
Message 9 of 10

An honest person. You have my admiration.

I always feel reluctant to ask "Is it plugged into the right place?" because some people take that as an insult.

I do not believe anyone who claims that they have never made that sort of mistake.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7