Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configure Wifi 5 KHZ

ross_4527
Aspirant

Configure Wifi 5 KHZ

I have installed a EX7700 extender to my Nighthawk 8000P using Smart Setup and when l view  my Wireless setting my 5GHZ -2 is configured with no network Key and insecured. I can't see how to configure this and would welcome your suggestions

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Configure Wifi 5 KHZ

here's what I get when I select "use a different password"

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11

All Replies
plemans
Guru

On the EX7700, 1 of the 5ghz channels is just for router---extender communication. 

The other is for device----extender communication. 

Have you tried logging into the device check/change the ssid/password settings? 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX7700.aspx

Message 2 of 11
ross_4527
Aspirant

Thank you for your comments. I have tried to login and change the Sid from the router but will not allow me to change anything. I.e. tried to uncheck the 5GHZ -2  to disable but it is greyed out. It looks like a default S

@plemans wrote:

On the EX7700, 1 of the 5ghz channels is just for router---extender communication. 

The other is for device----extender communication. 

Have you tried logging into the device check/change the ssid/password settings? 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX7700.aspx

Sid?

Message 3 of 11
plemans
Guru

The 1x 5ghz channel should use the same one that the router uses and won't be changeable. 

Are you able to change the other channels? 

Message 4 of 11
ross_4527
Aspirant

Thank you once again

I am able to change the 2.4ghz but the 5ghz  the router will not allow me  to disable the SSid broadcast. the 5GHZ and the 5GHZ-2 are grey out

Message 5 of 11
plemans
Guru

I'll try and setup my EX8000 again in the next couple of days and see if they're changeable. 

The dual bands aren't when setup in extender mode but I can't remember off the top of my head on the tribands for both bands. 

Message 6 of 11
ross_4527
Aspirant

I will view this again. I have tried to  reconfig the extender earlier today with no difference

I will sleep on it but my thought would be to remove the extender and just have the router and try disabling the 5GH-2 broadcast and the configue the extender again

Thanks for your help

Message 7 of 11
plemans
Guru

I just reinstalled my EX8000. I installed it using the installation wizard and not wps. 

In mine I can set the channel for the 2.4ghz and the 5ghz channel. 

the 2nd 5ghz channels isn't user accessible after setup as its used for the backhaul. 

Maybe try factory resetting the extender and re-running setup using the installation wizard. 

Message 8 of 11
ross_4527
Aspirant

many thanks for your update. I didn't use the WPS, may be l have missunderstood the 5GHZ -2  but l can logonto the 5GHZ-2 and surf the internet but it indicated that it is unsecured connection and il am trying to secure the connection

Message 9 of 11
plemans
Guru

If I disable the "one wifi name" I can change the ssid and the wifi password. I attached what I see.

Your drop down for the wifi password is greyed out? have you tried a different pc? or even clicked on it? 

Message 10 of 11
plemans
Guru

here's what I get when I select "use a different password"

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements