Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Converting public wifi to a secured wifi network

Solarverse
Follower

Converting public wifi to a secured wifi network

I am moving into a shared office suite where the landlord gives everyone unsecured / public wifi access to use.  I would prefer to NOT have my laptop, printers, phones and network drives on a public wifi network.

I need some community advice on which device would serve my requirement to:

Log into the public wifi, then allow me to create my own internal network name with it’s own password so that me and my team use that new wifi network in confidence.   This HAS to be a wifi to wifi configuration because I do not have access to the buildings Internet modem/router.  The landlord has said that if I want my own network, that I would have to pay for a Spectrum internet (wired) account.

Would love to have a device that also offers a LAN connection for wired devices like a printer as an option. 

My office is very close to the wifi repeater in the hallway so it doesn’t need to be super strong, just convert public wifi to private network. 

I can’t seem to find any Netgear device that caters to this specific requirement.  I see many devices where you can connect directly (via cat 5/6 connection) to the router then broadcast your own new wifi network name.

Looking to buy really soon so any advice on which equipment to buy would be helpful.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7