Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 v2 WIFI Signal diminishes so quickly even at 5 m from unit

gpblancs
Aspirant

D7000 v2 WIFI Signal diminishes so quickly even at 5 m from unit

Firmware version 1.0.0.66 is installed.

I could really do with some help as this issue is really p...ing me off. I'm not an expert by any means but I'm reasonably IT savvy and am aware of the potential poor wifi signal issues, interference etc.

I'm on 64 mbs broadband and I have a PC connected via ethernet and I get 64mbs+ all the time.

I've had the modem/router for a little over 12 months and had no real problems. The odd reboot needed but other than that and understandable wifi signal issues, eg going through thick brick walls etc,  it's been ok. But over the last week or so the wifi has continued to be erraitc and non existen in rooms were previously I would get between 20 and 30 mbs. There have been no additional devices added, nothing has moved or been changed to produce the issue as far as I can figure out. 

So just now I did a Okala speed test using a Samsung Galaxy S9. The readings were taken in a straight line through a doorway where I could see the router at all times.

The readings were: 2m from router - 50mbs, 5m from router - 36mbs, 10m from router - 2mbs. At the 10m location I would normally 20-30mbs.

So HELP please

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 2

Re: D7000 v2 WIFI Signal diminishes so quickly even at 5 m from unit

@gpblancs wrote:

But over the last week or so the wifi has continued to be erraitc and non existen in rooms were previously I would get between 20 and 30 mbs.

2.4 Gz or 5 GHz?

What about trying different channels?

Is the Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0 listed in your footer involved in this in anyway? Or did you just click the first thing that popped up when you wrote your message?

If we are talking about the D7000v2 in your subject, you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

DSL Modems & Routers

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7