Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Deregister a modem

Steveh09
Follower

Deregister a modem

Is there a way to deregister a modem? I bought a modem from a third-party and they got it as an open box from Walmart. But the original open box owner register the modem Comcast. It’s deactivated (says Comcast) but it’s still registered to a Comcast customer. Is there a way to deregister?
Message 1 of 2

Re: Deregister a modem

@Steveh09 wrote:
Is there a way to deregister a modem? I bought a modem from a third-party and they got it as an open box from Walmart. But the original open box owner register the modem Comcast. It’s deactivated (says Comcast) but it’s still registered to a Comcast customer. Is there a way to deregister?

What do you mean by "registered"? If you mean registered to an ISP so that the modem can  work on its network, that is down to them. Does it work?

If you mean registered with Netgear through mynetgear, then you can use this:

NETGEAR Product Registration FAQ | Answer | NETGEAR Support

But registration there is only for set-up support (the first 90 days are free) and for the warranty. But neither of those transfer to a new owner.

Hence my question. What do you want to do with your device that needs registering and where?

We don't know what device you are talking about.  So we can't tell if you are in the right place. If it is a modem, then this isn't the right section  of this community.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so you might get responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

DSL Modems & Routers

or here

Cable Modems & Routers

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7