Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disable external Access

Networkingjoe
Aspirant

Disable external Access

How do you disable http access to the router. When I type http://myip into a browser, I get a login prompt to routerlogin. How do I disable that?

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Disable external Access

Are you trying this from a remote location outside the home or trying this while at home on the same network? 

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12

All Replies
microchip8
Master

routerlogin is a local hostname that points to the router's IP address. External access is by default disabled.
Message 2 of 12

What are you trying to do?

Tell us the end result that you want. There may be other ways of reaching the final destination.

Message 3 of 12
Networkingjoe
Aspirant

Microchip8 - I did not turn it on and would not enable that, however, I did update the router 2 weeks ago. How do I turn it off? I have looked through all the settings and nothing stands out.

michaelkenward-  I would like to disable HTTP access from my external NAT. Internally is fine but I do not want exposure externally.

Message 4 of 12
Networkingjoe
Aspirant

Removed post as it was not needed.

Message 5 of 12

@Networkingjoe wrote:

michaelkenward-  I would like to disable HTTP access from my external NAT. Internally is fine but I do not want exposure externally.

External http access isn't enabled.

Netgear disabled external ways in when it killed remote management and and ReadyCLOUD.

Message 6 of 12
Networkingjoe
Aspirant

When I hit my external ip, issued by the ISP, I get a prompt for a login for routerlogin.net. How do I get rid of this prompt?

Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Check for Remote Access features under advanced Tab, Security or Admin. If you seen check box for this feature, uncheck the box and apply.

What FW version is loaded on your router? 

Message 8 of 12
Networkingjoe
Aspirant

I do not have Remote Access features anywhere. My FW is V1.0.11.216_10.2.122, which was the latest 2 weeks ago.

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you trying this from a remote location outside the home or trying this while at home on the same network? 

Message 10 of 12
Networkingjoe
Aspirant

You are 100% correct. I was hitting my external nat from inside to the outside and did not even think to test it completely offsite. Thanks everyone for the help.

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya if your on the LAN side, data is still going to get to the router on this side. 
Try at a remote location away from home. Shouldn't see the log in for the router here. 

Good Luck.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7