Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Family got r7350 router and CM600 modem with xfinity

bakugo
Follower

Family got r7350 router and CM600 modem with xfinity

So my family is trying to switch from AT&T to Xfinity. So before we switched we got a nighthawk r7350 router to see if it would boost the at&t modem we are renting from them. It did nothing and we registered the same router 2 times by mistake. We then got a CM600 modem to replace the at&t one and switched to xfinity. But no matter what we do, even after xfinity tech came by and set up the modem. The Wi-Fi still won’t connect to our devices nor the router. We don’t know what to do, we are thinking of calling another tech to come look at it but I also know Reddit has its geniuses on here too.

Message 1 of 2

Re: Family got r7350 router and CM600 modem with xfinity

@bakugo wrote:

The Wi-Fi still won’t connect to our devices nor the router.

What happens when you try?

It is better to think of it is connecting devices to the wifi rather than the other way round.

Is there wifi coming from the R7350? What do the wifi LEDs on the thing look like?

Does the R7350 connect to the Internet? Again, what does the Internet LED look like?

Have you set up the R7350 and got it to work with the CM600?

Take things a step at a time and start form scratch. As you have already been playing with the router, reset it and start the setup process again.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Then follow the Quick Start guide.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Begin with the Quick Start/Installation Guide.

There may also be some helpful videos on what to do.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Netgear likes to force everyone to use a mobile app to set up new devices. This can be a real problem and is bad advice. You don't have to use an app. The manual will show you how to do it with a browser and a wired connection.

Finally, if this is a new device, you have 90 days of free setup support from Netgear. Have you tried that?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7