Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Feedback for R7000 New firmware 1.0.9.18

TerryPh
Virtuoso

Re: Feedback for R7000 New firmware 1.0.9.18

Bttw, I'm running a trial for R8000 that goes deeper test run now. It seems that software engineers need really to fine tune more carefully, but I did see an improvement as far as the length of stability, ie internet connection, Wi-Fi, USB connection(minus SMB problem, which is another separate issue) and the like...
Message 751 of 897
hurricane28
Guide

Hi guys,

I haven't flashed to newer firmwares as i have no issues but is this new firmware working properly and save to flash? I don't want anymore issues than i already have with my PC atm. Dealing with MS again...

Thnx.

Message 752 of 897

droman, has netgear fixed in this beta version the pppoe ipv6 problem? or i have to stick to my beta 1.7.3?

Thanks

Message 753 of 897
bobgodfrey
Aspirant

Can anyone tell me why after flashing to the Firmware version 1.0.7.12 the GUI version would still be 1.0.9.18? I did a reset after the flash

Message 754 of 897
aabshire
Apprentice

I have seen that briefly in the past when flashing and it seems to be a browser cache issue at least for me.  I can refresh the browser or at times go between basic/advanced, or other screens and it eventually shows the correct version.

wrote:

Can anyone tell me why after flashing to the Firmware version 1.0.7.12 the GUI version would still be 1.0.9.18? I did a reset after the flash

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 755 of 897
aabshire
Apprentice

wrote:

Hi guys,

I haven't flashed to newer firmwares as i have no issues but is this new firmware working properly and save to flash? I don't want anymore issues than i already have with my PC atm. Dealing with MS again...

Thnx.

I have been on this version for over 24 hours with everything connected and staying connected (NVR, tivos, laptops, desktops, androids, ipads, ihome plugs, media server, ip cameras, google homes, echos, chromecasts, kodi boxes, rokus, voip phones, zwave devices, etc.) So far so good

Message 756 of 897
hurricane28
Guide

Thnx, will flash later.

Message 757 of 897
hurricane28
Guide

On another note, i think i will wait for stable release. I read that this is still beta and i don't like beta firmware as i have bad experiences with them, thnx anyway.

Message 758 of 897
Robb_H
Tutor

1.0.9.26 seems to have fixed the 2.4 GHz problems for me.... and moved them to the 5 GHz band, where I'm now getting the same sort of drops that previously occurred on the lower band.

Message 759 of 897
aabshire
Apprentice

I am not seeing any issues on 2.4 or 5

wrote:

1.0.9.26 seems to have fixed the 2.4 GHz problems for me.... and moved them to the 5 GHz band, where I'm now getting the same sort of drops that previously occurred on the lower band.

Message 760 of 897
SmoggieDev
Aspirant

After receiving zero support from Netgear to fix a situation I should never have been in in the first place I decided to move to dd-wrt on the advice of a friend.

It works perfectly and is stable.  The sad part of this is a firmware that only 2 guys write is more stable than the manufacturers recommended firmware.

Feedback for Netgear:

1. Now that I've seen you try and charge $50 for tech support on products older than 1 year I won't ever buy a netgear product until this changes.  For the price of the router and the fact that this issue was of Netgears own making thanks to their own automatic update support for this should be free.  If the issue was "I tried to custom flash the firmware and it failed and now I want to go back to Netgears firmware" then yes charge away for that support.    If the device was no longer being produced and therefore it was more difficult to be supported due to needing to know older technology then yes charge for this.  But this is an active router still being sold, updated with netgears own auto-update code, there should never be a charge for this support.

2. As soon as problems occurred with the firmware it should have been removed so that other users didn't find themselves in similar situations.

3. I understand the point of community forums, but community forums for manufacturers can only be successful if members of the manufacturer actually take an active role in the forum.  Give feedback, provide estimates, as a developer I typically know how long some work will take and find people will be reasonable if they are given timelines, and yes you can add the caveat of "the developer anticipates a 3 day fix but if further issues are found this may slip, we will keep you advised".

Message 761 of 897
Robb_H
Tutor

I may have been wrong about 5 GHz drops occuring with 1.0.9.26. They did occur, but may have been unrelated. But now some of the familiar 2.4 GHz problems are returning, including connections with no internet access. Back to 1.0.7.12 for now and thinking seriously about dd.wrt.

Message 762 of 897
Yann7878
Tutor

I tried the new beta firmware 1.0.9.26 .... but created disconnects on Lan ..... I guess that's why it is still beta. Back to 1.0.7.10_1.2.3 that works flawlessly.

Message 763 of 897
mated
Aspirant

I also tried the new beta firmware 1.0.9.26 (was on 1.0.9.20) -- still getting drops on 2.4 GHz

Message 764 of 897
aabshire
Apprentice

Stange, I have been on for over 60 hours and no disconnects on 2.4 or 5 GHZ

Message 765 of 897
tivoboy
Guide

Can one still get the1.0.7.10_1.2.3 somewhere?

Message 766 of 897
shamarin
Virtuoso

Message 767 of 897
antinode
Guru

> Ofcourse, https://kb.netgear.com/000037100/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-7-10

More generally, visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model
number, and look for Downloads.  Under Firmware and Software Downloads,
look for View Previous Versions.  Download the kit you want.  Read the
"Release Notes" file for instructions.

Message 768 of 897
shamarin
Virtuoso

I knew about it  and where to find. Now i use the latest beta and has no issues with Wi-Fi. And even with 1.0.9.18 didn't have.

Message 769 of 897
Peet45
Aspirant

Well I have a strange issue with my R7000 routers after upgrading to the new firmware. What’s even stranger is that I don't have all those Wi-Fi issues that everyone has been describing here. My Wi-Fi devices work fine with the previous firmware and have been working fine since I got the routers 1.5 years ago. Except when I upgraded to the latest firmware I lost all port forwarding with my camera system and nothing seems to be able to fix that. I tried resetting the router and the camera system, changing ports and many other things but nothing seems to help. And when I revert back to the previous firmware in order to get the ports sharing going again I had to change all of those ports used by camera system. The router would not forward those same ports for some unknown reason. What’s even more bizarre is that I have ADSB receiver that also has ports forwarded and that seems to work fine even with the new router firmware. I hope someone from Netgear can share some info on this issue because I never had any problems like those before. I have r7000 and r9000 working at several different locations and replacing them is not an option for me. Thanks

Message 770 of 897
pfarmerca
Aspirant

I had had v1.0.9.18_1.2.27 for a few weeks without issue.  Today it started giving the intermittent connectivity issues.  The devices (laptop, phone) would show connection to the wireless network but have no internet connectivity.  The router's internet connectivity light is white and not orange.  Internet connectivity is fine when router is bypassed.  I just manually upgraded to v1.0.9.26_10.2.31_beta in hopes of fixing the issue.  I just had one connectivity drop already with the new router so pessimistic.

Message 771 of 897
JamesGL
Master

Hi @bobgodfrey,

Have you tried to reset the router after the update? 

Hi @hurricane28,

Please confirm if you already tried the hot fix firmware. We may need your feedback on this.

Hi @Robb_H,

When you update the firmware, did you reset after?

Do you have any google home devices on your network?

Hi @mated,

How many device on your LAN network that were having disconnection?

When using the hot fix firmware, did you encounter disconnection on wireless devices specifically on 2.4GHz?

Have you performed a factory reset?

Hi @Peet45,

Which firmware works with port forwarding?

What error message did you encounter on the devices?

Please provide the port numbers that did not work.

Hi @pfarmerca,

Are you still using the latest firmware? Hows the performance after the one drop? Please try to reset after the update if you are still experiencing disconnection.

Message 772 of 897
hurricane28
Guide

Hi,

Sorry, i haven't tested the new firmware yet, i was quite busy with my PC. I am stil on V1.0.9.14_1.2.25  and have no issues that i know of.

I am  not sure if i am comfortable flashing the new firmware bu if there are more positive feedback from users i might give it a try.

Message 773 of 897

@JamesGL  has netgear fixed in this beta version the pppoe ipv6 problem? or i have to stick to my custom beta 1.7.3?

Why do we have to run old firmware with security issues because netgear doesn't care about pppoe ipv6?

Very very disappointed.

Message 774 of 897
mated
Aspirant

== How many device on your LAN network that were having disconnection?

- 5-8 (out of ~20, 8 wired and 5 on 5G - includes )

==When using the hot fix firmware, did you encounter disconnection on wireless devices specifically on 2.4GHz?

- I believe so, not poisitive though

Have you performed a factory reset?

- Not yet, I only lost connectivity the one time. I had been running .20 with disconnects about evey 2-3 days (sometimes longer)

Message 775 of 897
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7