Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

File format Not supported DLNA w/Servio

Sinisterj12
Tutor

File format Not supported DLNA w/Servio

I've been streaming more lately with netflix and movies across the network so i decided i would get a new router to handle everything so i got the nighthawk r7000 router.  My old router was a Netgear Rangemax WNDR3400.

I get new router installed and now when i try and stream movies from my PC using Servio as the DLNA server all i get is file format not supported message on most of my movies.   If i put my old router back on i'm good to go and all my movies play.  

By default media server is selected in the router so i unchecked that and tried again but no luck, i guess i'm not sure how that is supposed to work.  I mean if i'm using Servio as DLNA then would i want Media server unchecked in the router?  Or would i need them both checked?  Either way doesn't work however.

Only one thing has changed and that is the Router.  So i was hoping for some ideas.

I checked firmware for an upgrade and its at the latest as well.  My movies that are not streaming are .MKV files but its not just .MKV's.  I'd say i cant watch 90% of my library now.

I have a samsung 46" LED tv and its wired to the Nighthawk router and my pc that is running Servio is Wired to the same router.  Everything else in my house is running off the Wifi.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Sinisterj12
Tutor

Re: File format Not supported DLNA w/Servio

Thank you for your reply but i did figure this out.  When i installed the new router my Serviio also took on an update.  I had to update my rendering profiles on Serviio then it worked.  

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Sinisterj12,

1. The media server option on the router only applies if you are using the ReadySHARE feature of the router.

2. Are the other devices in the network (other than the TV) able to stream the files?

3. Have you tried other media server software/apps?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Sinisterj12
Tutor

Thank you for your reply but i did figure this out.  When i installed the new router my Serviio also took on an update.  I had to update my rendering profiles on Serviio then it worked.  

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Sinisterj12,

That is good to know.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats