Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Having trouble since provider blackout: need advice

Emkaybee
Aspirant

Having trouble since provider blackout: need advice

My wifi provider went down about a week ago for just two hours. Came back up and ever since out in-house wifi has not worked properly. The two Apple cell phones and iPad work. But another phone, Android, does not. Android has been using cell data to connect. So far we have:

reset the primary router hook-up

reset all the extensions

fiddled with the set ups

All of the boxes (three) show red. One switches to blue and then back to red. Makes no sense to me. 

I"m thinking about taking the Nighthawk software off all of the items using it and then reloading everything as if it were a new system. Does that sound reasonable? Are there pitfalls to that? Does anyone have a better idea? 

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Having trouble since provider blackout: need advice

1. what router do you have? 

2. what firmware is on the router? 

3. what modem/gateway is it connected to? 

4. what are these "three boxes" that show red? 

details are key to helping. we're not there to see your setup, whats going on, or what device/light is on. So details help us to help you. 

And anytime you have power failures that cause issues, a factory reset and reinstall of the whole system sometimes helps. 

There's a support site with access to manuals, firmware, install guides, etc.
Go to https://www.netgear.com/support/
Type in your model number and from there it'll take you to the above.
Its a great resource to start with.

Message 2 of 4
Emkaybee
Aspirant

OK so your response confuses me. I did enter the router number and model when I wrote the original. It seems to have all disappeared. This is my first time using this system so I must have messed up somehow. Thank you for that link. I will give it a try and come back if it doesn’t work.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

If you do get back, make sure to include those details

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements