Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I can`t connect with the Internet

Gregory840316
Aspirant

I can`t connect with the Internet

Hello!

My English is very weak, but I hope you will be able to understand what I mean. I have bought Netgear AC4000 and I have been trying to connect it to the Internet for 3 days so far. I switch my Ethernet cable to yellow place in the Netgear and another one to my modem to LAN. Unfortunately, there is no white Internet  LED. And in the internet GENIE I get a message like this: "No Ethernet cable is plugged into the Router Internet Port" What am I doing wrong? I hope my netgear is not broken. Please, help me to resolve this problem.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: I can`t connect with the Internet

@Gregory840316 wrote:

I switch my Ethernet cable to yellow place in the Netgear and another one to my modem to LAN.

What is your modem? Make and model?

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number,  R8000P, and check the documentation for your hardware.

Begin with the Quick Start/Installation Guide.

Message 2 of 4
Gregory840316
Aspirant

My modem is NetiaSpot. I updated firmware. Do I need change anything in my modem settings? For example BRIDGE option?

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4

@Gregory840316 wrote:

My modem is NetiaSpot.

This does not tell us enough about the modem. Is that the only bit of kit that NetiaSpot makes?

Does it have a model number? Is it also a router? (Many modems are also routers.)

@Gregory840316 wrote:

Do I need change anything in my modem settings? For example BRIDGE option?

If that is an option on the modem, then it is probably a router and you could try that to avoid this:

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7