Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have internet connection with router but can’t sign into servers. I have to use hotspot

dmberry1
Aspirant

I have internet connection with router but can’t sign into servers. I have to use hotspot

I have a nighthawk r6700v3 Wi-Fi router.  Firmware is 1.0.4.122_10.0.95.

I have internet connection and able browse content just fine.  If I want to sign into that website I have to use hotspot.  

Example; I first attempted to sign into this forum through my Wi-Fi router, with no success.  I switched my setting from the router to hotspot and can successfully connect.   I noticed this issue 3 days ago.  Can't say for sure when it started.  
i did update the firmware to v1.0.4.122_10.0.95.

Any thoughts as to the cause of this issue?

Thanks.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I have internet connection with router but can’t sign into servers. I have to use hotspot

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Router would not be a cause of blocking a signing in to process into web sites. Might be a web browser, web browser addon or possible a security issue. 

Armor or any parental controls enabled on the router?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 2 of 3
dmberry1
Aspirant

Re: I have internet connection with router but can’t sign into servers. I have to use hotspot

Thanks for responding.

I just did a reset on the r6700v3 wireless router and setup.  I'm still having the same issue where I'm not able to sign into any server via the router, I have to switch to hotspot.  

I removed the router and just used the Wi-Fi capabilities from my modem.  This worked fine so this would indicate to me the issue is with the router.

Here is my modem information

model - PK5000 from Qwest

Firmware - QAP00-3-3.60.3.0.9.91-PK5000

Thank you for any suggestions you can provide.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7