Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I need help

Dan103TXP
Aspirant

I need help

When I setup the netgear genie it says problem detecting the internet connection I did everything it says and still nothing so I click none of the above then it takes me to IP Address I click I dont know because I have a xfinity gateway I put it on bridge mode then it says MAC Address I put my mac address in and click next I wait then it takes me to the same page where it says Problem Detecting the Internet Connection I don't know what to do now
Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

Re: I need help

Greetings,

Lets take this one step at a time.

So you put the xfinity router into Bridge Mode.  Thats good.

To simplify the process.  Do not use a mobile App, Genie for Windows, etc to manage or configure the router.

Please use an internet browser.  Doesn't matter which one.

Disconnect the ethernet cable coming from the "comcastic" GW to the WAN "yellow" port on the router.

Power off the comcast GW and the router - Both 

Now turn the comcast GW back on, but do not connect anything to it.

Connect your PC via ethernet to one of the LAN ports on the back of the router (1~4) Any will work.

Now power on the router.  Wait and be patient.  The power LED should become solid white.  Now open an internet bwoeser on your PC.  visit      www.routerlogin.net  The set up screen for the router should load. 

Wait another minute.  now plug the ethernet cable from the comcast GW into the WAN "yellow" port on the router.  Perform the detection and set up steps. 

If you don't get internet.  2 possible reasons.

1. You don't have the comcast GW in bridge mode.

2.  You need to tel the rouer to use the "Computers MAC Address" instead of the "Default Address"  I've included a pic for reference. Change #1, Press #2, then #3.

final config.png  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies

Greetings,

Lets take this one step at a time.

So you put the xfinity router into Bridge Mode.  Thats good.

To simplify the process.  Do not use a mobile App, Genie for Windows, etc to manage or configure the router.

Please use an internet browser.  Doesn't matter which one.

Disconnect the ethernet cable coming from the "comcastic" GW to the WAN "yellow" port on the router.

Power off the comcast GW and the router - Both 

Now turn the comcast GW back on, but do not connect anything to it.

Connect your PC via ethernet to one of the LAN ports on the back of the router (1~4) Any will work.

Now power on the router.  Wait and be patient.  The power LED should become solid white.  Now open an internet bwoeser on your PC.  visit      www.routerlogin.net  The set up screen for the router should load. 

Wait another minute.  now plug the ethernet cable from the comcast GW into the WAN "yellow" port on the router.  Perform the detection and set up steps. 

If you don't get internet.  2 possible reasons.

1. You don't have the comcast GW in bridge mode.

2.  You need to tel the rouer to use the "Computers MAC Address" instead of the "Default Address"  I've included a pic for reference. Change #1, Press #2, then #3.

final config.png  

Message 2 of 5
microchip8
Master

Honestly, I understood nothing of your gibberish. Write in proper English and explain again what you did. Thanks

Message 3 of 5
Dan103TXP
Aspirant

Thank you very much
Message 4 of 5

@Dan103TXP,
You're welcome. Glad I could help.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats