Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I will be replacing my Nighthawk X6S R8000P

firefox111
Apprentice

I will be replacing my Nighthawk X6S R8000P

I finally decided that enough with this piece of crap. After a few days of research on what  I should replace it with, I got an email from Costco that they are discounting the Nighthawk AX6200 (RAX78 I think) for $100 to a final sale price of $199. So I ordered it. B4 I got the sale email, I was going to jumpship to TP-Link with their AX6600. It's cheaper than a comparable Netgear. With this Nighthawk AX6200, I will give Netgear another chance. I hope I will not be disappointed. Reasons why I really want to replace this X6S are: GUI is slow to display list of devices (I have 27 connected), WiFi is slow, reporting fale DoS Attack: Fraggle Attack, fails on giving the reserved IP Address to some devices,  gives wrong names to some devices in the Access Control list in Security, gives wrong names to some devices in the Attached Devices list in Administration, processor is sloooowwwww, etc., etc.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

When you get the new one, you can always use the old router as an access point. 

If you hardwire it into the RAX78 and run the R8000P in access point mode, it functions pretty well. 

You could either leave it by the RAX (on seperate ssid/wifi channels) to offload the primary router or you could position it somewhere else around the home for added coverage. 

Or you can sell it to recoup some of your loss. Its still a well selling device. 

Message 2 of 3
firefox111
Apprentice

I still have 2.4 GHz wireless G cameras in my network. If the RAX78 will not support those devices, I will be forced to use the X6S as AP just for the old wireless G devices.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7