Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Instructions to load R8000 Firmware Version 1.0.3.26 (Beta) don't match my genie interface

rdwwdr
Aspirant

Instructions to load R8000 Firmware Version 1.0.3.26 (Beta) don't match my genie interface

Hi all,

Trying to load the latest firmware to fix security issues and the instructions on the firmware page ask me to "Click ADVANCED tab > Administration > Router Update" but there isn't a Router Update option to click.

Current router firmware version: V1.0.0.32 (don't think I've ever upgraded)

NetGear Genie WNDR4500v3

Available options under Administration are - Router Status, Logs, Attached Devices, Backup Settings, Set Password & Firmware Upgrade.

I figure Firmware Upgrade would work but when I try to load the file I downloaded from the instructions (http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R8000/R8000-V1.0.3.26_1.1.18.chk) I get an error stating "Please assign the correct file. The file format is *.img"

Help

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
rdwwdr
Aspirant

Re: Instructions to load R8000 Firmware Version 1.0.3.26 (Beta) don't match my genie interface

Oops, my bad. I was connecting to an old Netgear router in the basement I use as a switch that I had forgotten was there. Once I connected to my R8000 the firmware upgrade went smooth.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Instructions to load R8000 Firmware Version 1.0.3.26 (Beta) don't match my genie interface

DO NOT use the genie app log in to router using web gui @192.168.1.1

update.png

R8000-V1.0.3.26.png

I tested it and it worked fine.

Message 2 of 4
rdwwdr
Aspirant

Oops, my bad. I was connecting to an old Netgear router in the basement I use as a switch that I had forgotten was there. Once I connected to my R8000 the firmware upgrade went smooth.

Message 3 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You're welcome,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7